Vista what drivers to update for computer

Hi, I recently formated my computer and reinstalled Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I had to download drivers for my video card and my sound card. I wanna make sure that I have the latest drivers for all the hardware on my computer. What drivers do you recommend that I download for my computer that I haven't already installed?

First, check your device manager. If there are any yellow marks, then you know you need drivers for them. You can use the update driver --> 'check online' option, it works well. Beyond that, just run windows update and make sure you have SP 1. If there are recommended driver updates from Microsoft, they'll be in there. I personally like the Vista HD sound driver more than the realtek one (I had their control panel and sound man). You could get motherboard drivers, but the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" bodes well with PC because a screwy driver can mess up a lot of stuff. Unless your having issues, beyond what is available in Windows Update, you should be all set.

Chipset drivers are usually the most important and should be installed right after installing the service pack on a new vista install.

What drivers do you recommend that I download for my computer that I haven't already installed?
As mentioned, you'll want the chipset drivers on first. After that, we really can't give anything more than a guess. it is your computer, so you should know what hardware and peripherals are in it. You mentioned the video and sound card, but check out the website for your motherboard, as it will list the drivers available for it. You also will want to get drivers for peripherals, like printers, etc.

I would download the latest 3Com modem drivers, and also the HP ScanJet 5610 drivers as well as the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) and AMD CPU drivers.

Back