Vista RE-Install Question

Finny76

[H]ard|Gawd
My VISTA is running REAL slow now and I guess its time to do a Fresh RE-Install.
I was planning on waiting for Vista SP1 but i guess there NO offical release date yet.

Can somoene tell me whats the proper method to ReInstall Vista?
My main concern is the Activation part. Would I neeed to Reactive it OR is there a way to Deactivate it do a clean install and Reactivate?

:confused:

you will have to reactivate, why worry if you have a legit copy? just pop in the DVD and boot off of it, choose the prompts that you originally chose when installing Vista.

My COPY is Legit But my problem is that I intall my OS every year (clean Install)
My only concern is because of prior issue with Win XP. After the 3rd Install (Mother board fried)
when i tried to Activate it gave me some Error message to call MS since it was activated more than 2 time or something like that.

You won't have any problems with reactivation unless you change out major components. Even then you can argue with the Indians for a half hour and they'll give you a code.

Just tell them you needed to reformat and they will activate without issue. As long as you only have it installed on one computer there isnt a problem.

You won't have any problems with reactivation unless you change out major components.

He's right... I've got a Vista machine that's on it's third OEM install and I have not had any problems... hit "activate" and all is good.

You won't have any problems with reactivation unless you change out major components.

Nopes... Im not changing it from 1 computer to another. Its the same computer!

He's right... I've got a Vista machine that's on it's third OEM install and I have not had any problems... hit "activate" and all is good.

OK great... Thats what i wanted to know!

THANKS!:)

Back