Vista Performance Scores

Why would you fake a Vista benchmark? :rolleyes: Did RC2 have a comma instead of a period?

I tried to run Vista on my sig machine and managed to get my first ever Vista BSOD. Apparently the X-Fi beta driver and my SCSI controller don't get along too well. I'll try again this weekend with a spare SATA drive instead.

After all these years, it's still the sound card drivers that screw things up...

I call fake as no results have a COMA where the PERIOD should be in the score.

?

See below and all other posts

Ah, naturally, and as, after all, the ENTIRE WORLD revolves around the US, that surely means he's cheating.

Or, maybe...

You DO realize, of course, that in several European localizations, commas are used in place of decimals, right?

Raptor 150 scored 5.8 ( retest without copying files gave 5.8 ) edit

And CPU which is a C2D running at 3.73 scored only a 5.8

Everything else was 5.9

Yay...another one! Why the HOT! designation for what will surely turn into yet another Vista score pissing contest? These scores can also easily be faked by editing an XML file, so what would eb the point anyway?

The thing I find funniest about this is that Windows XP was supposed to be "The Windows eXPerience" and yet now with Vista it's been relegated to a damned numerical rating... hilarious :)

/me pets his Ahtlon 1 GHz with 768MB of PC133 and a Voodoo 5 5500 with the solid 5.9 score!!!

</inside_joke> :D

all high except the hd, a 4.5 im using an older hard drive for it at the moment

5.6 here. Everything except hdd is 5.8.

I guess my Raptor 74GB is the "holding back" factor, but i'll certainly not get a raptor 150 or even a raid setup just because of this. Everything seems fine and smooth. 5.6, 5.8 or 4.9 doesn't make any difference to me as long as everything works.

i got 5.7

my cpu is @ 3.0 , ram is at 1100mhz everything else stock for now

My worst is 5.2 which is my proc (4200 x2 at 2.6ghz)

Everything else is 5.9...

vista.jpg

XFX 7950 GT Card
2 x 250gig Seagate 7200.10 In Raid 0
Patriot 2G 4-4-4-12 Ram PC6300 (Running at 747mhz now)

Nothing to fancy :)

BTW it got a 5.1 before the overclock... lol... the overclock gave me .1 more.... "experience" for a 400mhz overclock

Blazestorm, you get 5.9 on the graphics score with a 7950 GT? I get 5.9 with a 8800GTX overclocked! This is crazy, my card pwns yours but we get the same score... and I don't even get 6.0 :p Has anyone gotten 6.0 btw?

I get:

Processor: 5,7 (E6600 @ 3,15 GHz)
Memory: 5,9 (TWIN2X 2048 MB 6400)
Graphics: 5,9 (8800GTX)
Gaming graphics: 5,9 (8800GTX)
Primary hard disk: 5,5 (yeah right! like my primary HDD is pulling my system down!)

So the score is 5,5. But the score is wrong :(

Blazestorm, you get 5.9 on the graphics score with a 7950 GT? I get 5.9 with a 8800GTX overclocked! This is crazy, my card pwns yours but we get the same score... and I don't even get 6.0 :p Has anyone gotten 6.0 btw?

5.9 is the HIGHEST on the current scale....

5.9 is the HIGHEST on the current scale....

Oh, I just assumed it was 6.0. Why make a scale where the highest number is too low for the best hardware? Sure, a scale can't be accurate forever, but it should at least not be obsolete by the time of release (like WIE)... just strange! Why not set the scale at max 10.0 and make the best hardware today get like 6.5 or something? Then you have some "room to grow"...

I get:

Processor: 5,7 (E6600 @ 3,15 GHz)
Memory: 5,9 (TWIN2X 2048 MB 6400)
Graphics: 5,9 (8800GTX)
Gaming graphics: 5,9 (8800GTX)
Primary hard disk: 5,5 (yeah right! like my primary HDD is pulling my system down!)

So the score is 5,5. But the score is wrong :(

You need a raptor or SCSI to get a 5.9 for HDD ;)

Specs are in my sig.

Processor: 5.7 (E6600 @ 3.01GHz)
Memory: 5.9 (Corsair 2 x 1GB 6400C4 EPP)
Graphics: 5.9 (X1900XT)
Gaming graphics: 5.8
Primary hard disk: 5.9 (2 Hitachi 80GB SATA 1 in RAID 0)

Oh, I just assumed it was 6.0. Why make a scale where the highest number is too low for the best hardware? Sure, a scale can't be accurate forever, but it should at least not be obsolete by the time of release (like WIE)... just strange! Why not set the scale at max 10.0 and make the best hardware today get like 6.5 or something? Then you have some "room to grow"...
It's been pegged at 5.9 just yet precisely because it needs "room to grow" for hardware and software we'll see durings Vista's lifespan.

It's a tad silly to complain about a 7xxx card getting the same score as an 8xxx card for two reasons:

• It's not a "my wang is bigger than your wang" comparison tool. It's a software compatibility check tool.
  • If your hardware is currently good enough for all available software then better hardware can't possibly make it more compatible.

It's been pegged at 5.9 just yet precisely because it needs "room to grow" for hardware and software we'll see durings Vista's lifespan.

It's a tad silly to complain about a 7xxx card getting the same score as an 8xxx card for two reasons:

• It's not a "my wang is bigger than your wang" comparison tool. It's a software compatibility check tool.
  • If your hardware is currently good enough for all available software then better hardware can't possibly make it more compatible.

You really thinks it's silly? Well, performancy is a big part of compatability and even hinting that a 7xxx card would have roughly equal performance as a 8xxx is crazy. There seems to be some kind of myth going around that there is really no need for a DX10 card since there is no software that requires so much power... but I don't understand why people think this (it might have been true last summer... maybe!) - there are *loads* of games today you can't run on high graphics settings on a high resolution with good framerate on a 7xxx card. Heck, even I get low framerates in some games - wouldn't even want to imagine how it would be like with a 7xxx card. So I can have a system with 5,9 in all scores that gets 11 fps in certain games, and I can have a system with the same score that gets 45 fps in the same game. Isn't that kind of stupid?

And now I'm talking games, of course... browsing the internet, watching movies, playing chess, it doesn't matter. But you can't talk graphics cards without talking games. And there *is* the score Gaming Graphics in WIE, so don't tell me it's all about Aero.

You really thinks it's silly? Well, performancy is a big part of compatability and even hinting that a 7xxx card would have roughly equal performance as a 8xxx is crazy.

Thing is, though, that WEI isn't 'hinting' that at all, and suggesting that it is simply shows that you're failing to comprehend what WEI is actually there for.

WEI isn't there to report that 'X' computer is better than 'Y' computer. It's there to indicate which software programs 'X' computer is suited to running. That's the whole point of it and the ONLY point of it!

No software requires only the latest and greatest in hardware, not even games. The WEI score isn't concerned with running a game at maximum resolution on the biggest and baddest display panel money can buy - it only needs to report that the PC can run the game. In reality, hardware improvements which have been made during the previous 12 months or thereabouts would never make any practical difference to software compatibility.,

Who cares...how about a link to that wallpaper? I'm going to change it to my wife's wallpaper on her Vista computer...and act like it's built in. ;)

Lol.

I actually don't have a link, sorry. It was from skins.be though. I am sure you can find one to fit your needs from there

4.9 base subscore on mine. Cpu and memory rated 4.9's, and the rest were in the 5.8 range. Probably going to upgrade the lower score stuff later on so only can get better imho.

AMD X2 4800
2 Gig ram
7800 GTX
150 gig raptor

Just wondering why my processor an E6600 is only 5.3?
See sig #2

Vista Ultimate 64bit:
E6300 @ 3.5Ghz - 5.8
1 gig DDR2 671 5-5-5-15 - 4.5 *note i have a 2nd 1gig stick currently out on RMA*
8800GTS - 5.9
Seagate Barricuta 7200.10 5.7

So I'm betting I'll have a 5.7 when I get my 2nd gig back from PQI.

Back