Vista and onboard NIC

EzEddie

Limp Gawd
Tried both Vista beta 2 32-bit and 64-bit. I have an EPoX 9NPA+ Ultra motherboard. I cannot get the onboard NIC to work right. It will work when plugged directly into the modem, but not when its through the router. Its using the nvidia network driver built into vista and nvidia doesnt supply a driver.

Any ideas? Anyone else having the same problem??

Interesting - are you sure it's not the router or Vista's firewall (or some similar setting on the router)?

i have a netgear rangemax router and works fine within windows xp...I tried every setting, disabled the spi firewall in router and turned off anything else in vista I could see as a problem.

is it getting an IP address from the router?

Whats 'not work right' compared to 'not working at all ?

if i manually enter an IP in my LAN then I can connect to router no problem. ex: i manually enter 192.168.1.10 and I can then log in to the router and see/change settings no problem. I cannot access the internet. When I take out the manual settings it will give a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx number and I can do nothing.

What are your DNS addresses when you are connected to the router? Do an ipconfig /all. Is it pointed to your router or your providers DNS?

So your not getting an IP from the router (via DHCP)....

Your router set to give out how many IP's ?

Is IPV4 (under TCP/IP settings) not enabled on the Vista install for some reason?

doh don't do what I said in my post. I didn't finish reading your post saying you got the 169.x.x.x address. Check what dbwillis said, also what type of router are you using so maybe we can specify some screens and options to check in it.

Both IPv4 and IPv6 were enabled by default.I tried turning/uninstalling IPv6 and it still did not work...I have the Netgear Rangemax WPN824v1 router. I had vista installed and working fine on my previous shuttle computer with NF3 250 chipset that used a Marvell NIC, and it worked fine behind my same exact router and settings...

Are other people having problems using the Nvidia networking adapter on NF4 systems? Im thinking its just a driver problem, but the only driver available is the in the box one.

No problems here with Nvidia lan drivers.
Have you downloaded the Nvidia drivers from nvidia?

Back