Vista 5536 - Can't burn to DVD? What Gives?

Scroatdog

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok,

So just like last time with Beta II, I chose "Burn Image" in Nero and selected the WinRAR file for 5536. Burned it at 12x. The disc wont work. Only thing that shows up is a text file called "Readme" which says:
This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

Umm... ok? This didnt happen last time when I burned the Beta 2 image. I've made 4 coasters already. i tried mounting the image with DaemonTools, putting a blank in the burner, and select the "Disc Copy" function.

When I burn these I make sure to select "Finalize - no further writing possible".

Has anyone else had this problem? I tried search, but maybe my terms were off.

Can anyone help? I'm tired of watching these beautiful Verbatim 16+/-R discs turn into coasters! :confused:

WinRAR file ? The 5536 I downloaded from Microsoft isnt a RAR file, no problems burning the ISO image here...

dbwillis said:
WinRAR file ? The 5536 I downloaded from Microsoft isnt a RAR file, no problems burning the ISO image here...

WinRAR is the primary app for my image files. Always has been.

Anyone else experience this problem and know the solution???

See, I'm not crazy. I had this problem with previous builds, and got flamed for suggesting Nero couldn't, by default, burn UDF images. I didn't have a problem with newer builds, but my Beta 2 was the one I had problems with, exactly like yours.

My solution at the time was to download a trial of Alcohol 120% and run it. Mount the .iso file in the virtual CD drive, and make a disc-to-disc copy of it. If you don't have any burning software loaded that can read a UDF file system, you'll only see that text file.

Thanks for the reply. I tried mounting it with Daemon Tools and doing a disk-to-disk, but it didn't work.

Finally, I went into the Vista test box, turned on file and print sharing, disabled the firewall, shared the mounted image on my home machine, and did sort of a pseudo-network install. It ended up working out ok. This build seems faster than the old Beta 2.

burned my beta 2 with nero 7 and had no issues.... and even still, it is not a winrar file, it is an image file, even if winrar is your main image program. :D

unless he happened to download the leaked torrent version instead of the official one...

;)

you could try burning with dvddecrypter. It always seems to work for me.

dclam said:
unless he happened to download the leaked torrent version instead of the official one...

;)

Negative. Downloaded from M$ the day it was released.

Anyway, got Vista running on my main rig in sig. Made an extra partition on my Raptor which only had the C drive and my games. So now I've got an "X" drive with Vista on it as well, and Vista took care of the dual-boot for me which was cool.

What's not cool is the fact that my Creative Audigy Gamer does not play well with Vista. Dollars to donuts, it's a Creative driver issue. I'm using their latest beta driver. However, I get NO surround whatsoever. My speakers are Cambridge Soundworks Megaworks, and is connected through Creative's digital out. Sound in Vista doesn't sound anywhere near as good as in XP, plus no surround whatsoever.

In order to get sound, I had to check "digital output only". I made sure the Windows audio panel was set to 5.1 as well. Still, no dice.

Taking into consideration the fact that Creative sucks because their driver updates for their products are few and far between, I beleive the problem is with the beta driver.

Anyone else having 5.1 surround issues?

Back