Virus scan microsoft word?

UberPooner

Limp Gawd
Hi, how come every time i want to open up Microsoft word it takes like 10 min to load and in the bottom left side of the screen it says its running a virus scan? wtf. how can i disable this, or just make it load faster?

Oh, this happens in both 03 and 07. and i have norton antivirus 07 if that makes a difference.

As far as I know, Norton AV is the only AV that has the option to turn off the "MS Office" plug in.

That means that if you are not running Norton Antivirus, there may be no way of disabling it.

Norton has that option since Norton's plugin must have some performance issues or some other reason.

Another culprit to your slow starting could be your template called normal.dot which may be huge and bloated. Do a file search for that file normal.dot and once you find it, rename it and see what happens.

If you're running NOD32, you can disable DMON and that would remove this afaik. You would still have AMON protection.

If you're running NOD32, you can disable DMON and that would remove this afaik. You would still have AMON protection.
no DMON is not the same thing. I guess the scanning thing is part of Office?? I never really noticed it. But I made like a 4,000 page document and opened it with DMON enabled then disabled it and opened it again.. the "virus scan" still showed up in word and took just as long.

Back