VIOTEK GN34C 34x14 100Hz VA with freesync $550

geok1ng

2[H]4U
VIOTEK GN34C

I was checking Z35P availability on Amazon when i found a link to this monitor, an even cheaper version of the Microboard.
Reddit thread reports that with CRU you can set Freesync range to 40-100Hz .

That is a serious contender for a new red build with Vega and Thread-ripper. Freesync is gaining more and more options and value. Competition is good for all users. :)

Edit: Video showing modified Freesync range.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is the one issue I have with these. I am ordering a Z35P myself because; G-Sync. I really envy the AMD users just because there are SO many Freesync monitors out there at a much better value that it's really a shame. If I want a G-Sync ultrawide the cheapest option is the AOC Agon 35 and I just returned that after I had a terrible customer service experience. The display itself was fantastic. Also had a Acer X34 for a day before I returned it for the terrible backlight glow/bleed. So my two options are the Z35P and the HP Omen 35. The Z35P is the one i've been waiting for because I loved the design of the X34 and I wanted that with a VA panel. Also, don't forget that the Z35P is overclockable to 120hz instead of the standard 100hz as with the rest of the G-Sync/Freesync ultrawides.

I think there are advantages to both but just remember the old adage of "you get what you pay for." I would gladly pay the extra for the brand, customer service, and quality. I am unsure with these cheap models what the warranty support would be like.

So, if you go for a AMD build then get the Viotek. Reviews seem to be solid. Linus reviewed a recent monitor just like this one. Take a look.

I bought on of these on Massdrop, it is absolutely beautiful, no dead pixels. Would reccomend

Just ordered... snagged for $599CAD so a killer price! Should arrive in a week or two :|

It arrived. It kind of works. Would not recommend, spend the extra money and get something that won't make you want to punch your wall.

The screen quality is fantastic, but whatever they're using for a controller for it is just horrendous. Try to load a res requiring scaling? Crashes. Try to change refresh rate? Crashes. Using the provided DP cable? Artifacting and crashes. Try to use Freesync? Green flickering.

More thoughts & experience @

Last edited:
Back