Vintage Intel C4004 CPU 1st Computer Chip

Furious Nerd

2[H]4U
Video had me confused whether F. 'Vagin' worked for 'Pussycom' or not :ROFLMAO: I desire this chip very much

Good video, thanks for sharing this 👍

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
First CPU?

Huh?

The 4004 was the first random logic circuit integrated in one chip using the MOS (metal–oxide–semiconductor) silicon gate technology (SGT). It was the most advanced integrated circuit (IC) design undertaken up until then.

...according to Wikipedia.

lopoetve

Fully [H]
The 4004 was the first random logic circuit integrated in one chip using the MOS (metal–oxide–semiconductor) silicon gate technology (SGT). It was the most advanced integrated circuit (IC) design undertaken up until then.

...according to Wikipedia.
Ok fair, but that’s not the first CPU...

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
It's all in the definition I guess. Intel has a write-up on their own website about it basically claiming it's the first programmable CPU also.

lopoetve

Fully [H]
It's all in the definition I guess. Intel has a write-up on their own website about it basically claiming it's the first programmable CPU also.
Yeah, that debate goes way back; even the programmable part can be argued with some of the earlier systems, or even Babbage’ work.

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
Eleven Hundred bucks and its missing a leg, GTFO.

In fairness, it's not like you're actually going to use it at 0.75 Mhz. But I wouldn't spend top dollar on something that was obviously broken.