Viewsonic VX2025wm arrived! First impressions and pics

had 1 of these LCD,s for a month now and am very happy with it,i have zero issues with it,i like it better than my vx922 2ms screen,with games like doom3,q4 etc,shiney surfaces seemed to glitter on the 922 but on this screen thats gone

A question to all VX2025 owners: do you feel that the monitor is 'small'?

I replaced my L90D+ with the VX2025 and felt that I downgraded my estate. I got to play with a Gateway FDP2185W a while back, and even tho that monitor is only an inch bigger than the VX2025, it felt much bigger when sitting on your desktop.

Because of that, I am seriously considering upgrading this monitor.

Nah man the Viewsonic is big enought and if you want it bigger get 2 of them (and it will cost you the same as the dell 2407 or iven that gateway one and you will have 2x 20.1) :p

But if you really wanna see difference put it next to a dell 2407 or even the 3007 and there a big difference.

I think it's just a question of getthing usto..

It's definitely a little small. It's actually the same height as a 17" LCD, but a few inches wider.

awesome display. i just got it last night!

perfect size for my jerker desk (from ikea). i almost went with a 2407, but 4 inches for 400 bucks and possible banding issues, wasnt worth it for me.

i didnt like the limited adjustments of the stock stand, so i picked up the neoflex ergotron lcd arm. works beautifully!

only gripe about the ergotron, is that it was a major pain in the ass to adjust and tighten the joints with the hex key. but a lil ol' fashioned muscle took care of that.

vx2025wm + neoflex ergotron = awesomeness

hey dude can you please take a pic of your Viewsonic Vx2025 face to face with the camera I just wanna see how high the monitor stands with the neo flex, thankx

Hey guy's I forgot how to put 2 black frames on eatch side of my VX2025 monitor (right and left ) .. Because I have a game that absolutly cannot play Widesreen ? How do you do that I saw a guy doing this on this thread but I can't find the page...

Thanks

AlphexHunter said:
Hey guy's I forgot how to put 2 black frames on eatch side of my VX2025 monitor (right and left ) .. Because I have a game that absolutly cannot play Widesreen ? How do you do that I saw a guy doing this on this thread but I can't find the page...

Thanks

Go into the nvidia display panel and look under flat panel settings. Choose display adaptor scaling (fixed aspect ratio).

Well after awhile of debating I finally decided to go with this monitor. Should arrive on thursday or friday, Ill let you guys know how it goes.

k0n said:
awesome display. i just got it last night!

perfect size for my jerker desk (from ikea). i almost went with a 2407, but 4 inches for 400 bucks and possible banding issues, wasnt worth it for me.

i didnt like the limited adjustments of the stock stand, so i picked up the neoflex ergotron lcd arm. works beautifully!

only gripe about the ergotron, is that it was a major pain in the ass to adjust and tighten the joints with the hex key. but a lil ol' fashioned muscle took care of that.

vx2025wm + neoflex ergotron = awesomeness

Dell's banding issues were fixed a while ago.

I was able to get in on the J&R deal at the end of July ($330 shipped - $50 rebate). I received it last Wednesday, and I am very, very pleased with it....except for one thing.

About 50% of the time, some colors will have problems, especially bright colors.

Examples:

Yellow Gradient Test

Gray Gradient Test

When the odd colorization/lines appear, they shimmer or sparkle....kinda hard to describe.

The color red seems to exhibit the most problems, however I do not have a picture of that.

I have tried 2 different DVI cables, 1 VGA cable, and tried hooking the DVI up to a different computer. For one of these tests (hooking up to a diff cpu), it worked...for a couple hours.

The problem seems to come and go. I'm pretty sure the monitor has issues, and I will have to RMA or exchange it (now I wish I'd bought it at a brick & mortar store). I just want to check and see if someone can see something I'm doing wrong before I start the process of returning it.

Thanks!

Blue Falcon said:
Go into the nvidia display panel and look under flat panel settings. Choose display adaptor scaling (fixed aspect ratio).

I gives me "out of range" whenever I put it on... I am currently running my monitor on DVI... dunno do you know whats the probleme do I have to enable something ??

AlphexHunter said:
I gives me "out of range" whenever I put it on... I am currently running my monitor on DVI... dunno do you know whats the probleme do I have to enable something ??

The "out of range" issue is a known problem. There is currently no known fix that I'm aware of.

AlphexHunter said:

Switch to the other DVI port on your card and it should work properly. (You MIGHT need to uninstall/reinstall the nvidia forceware drivers as well).

LordBritish said:
The "out of range" issue is a known problem. There is currently no known fix that I'm aware of.

On 7800 cards you can switch to the opposite DVI port to resolve this issue. According to his sig that's what he has...

On 7900 series cards there is no fix for this problem (yet). It seems to be a driver issue so hopefully nVidia will fix it soon.

umcpgrad said:
best monitor ever =]

O RLY?

IMG_0119.jpg

:p

Just playing, im sure that monitor (edit:the viewsonic that is) is much more of a value for the money. :)

I dont like how those controls stick out from the scare shape of the monitor like that but other then that am sure its a good monitor too all Widescreens are nice :D

AlphexHunter said:
I dont like how those controls stick out from the scare shape of the monitor like that but other then that am sure its a good monitor too all Widescreens are nice :D

Because there is suppose to be a speaker bar that goes around the buttons and lies flush with the bottom of the monitor

Well it came today, I love it but Im getting HORRIBLE tearing in CSS, I guess VSYNC would be the only way to fix this? Sorry if its a noob question, im new to the whole LCD scene.

tearing occurs on anykind of monitor. unless your FPS is under your refresh rate. and even in the case i still get tearing. :eek:

I am wondering does anyone else have this problem or know how I can fix it? In my power settings I have the monitor set to sleep after so much inactivity but when it shuts of it will just keep coming back on any saying "no signal" then shut off again repeating this over and over. Anyone know whats going on?

Damn you guys, I'm more bothered by the ghosting on my 2025 now just because I'm more aware of this kind of stuff. :D

I see viewsonic pulled the monitor from their site now. Wonder what is going on with these. Newegg didn't want to take mine back but told me to talk to viewsonic, yet they don't even have these in stock anymore. I am going to try and get the egg to refund me somehow because I do not want to deal with viewsonic from what I have heard. I tried getting another one at office max but it had worse backlight bleed than the one I have now. I dunno what I am gonna do maybe try the dell 2007.

The VX2025wm is the best 20" wide to have IMO.. ive seen some others.. but this one is just great! i guess youre just having some bad luck. i dont have any back light bleeding. and for ghosting. i can never see it. unless i look for it. as in it never catches my eye. so i guess i can say i have no ghosting. i love to smoke and play games on this monitor. that just makes my day! :D

I have also never seen any ghosting on this monitor but it has the other problems I mentioned maybe I should try getting another one somewhere else and see if I get one without backlight bleed and one that will go into sleep mode. Office Max only had the one I bought so I couldn't exchange for another but there is a staples around that might have one. I can live with the backlight but the damn thing needs to go into sleep mode.

herbalicous said:
I see viewsonic pulled the monitor from their site now. Wonder what is going on with these. Newegg didn't want to take mine back but told me to talk to viewsonic, yet they don't even have these in stock anymore. I am going to try and get the egg to refund me somehow because I do not want to deal with viewsonic from what I have heard. I tried getting another one at office max but it had worse backlight bleed than the one I have now. I dunno what I am gonna do maybe try the dell 2007.

No they didn't

http://viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/xseries/vx2025wm/

You can't return most LCD monitors back to Newegg without first contacting the manufactuer. It was the same when I tried a VX922. I had to call Viewsonic, plead my case, get a case # and then return it to Newegg.

Get your facts straight and stop being a troll
:rolleyes:

Hey buddy I did call viewsonic first fyi. And the vx2025wm was pulled from their site now it is back on there. Don't get upset because all these screens aren't perfect. Get used to hearing about problems because most people aren't going to post unless there is something wrong. I never would have made one post about mine if it was all good. I don't live on a message board. I have had 2 of these and have seen others that friends own and they all have the same backlight bleed problems. Viewsonic says that next week they are getting a new shippment of these in finally. Hopefully some of the issues are worked out. Thanks for the laugh though I gotta get back to work.

I thought I would mention that the viewsonic support so far in my experience has been pretty good. Other than being on hold forever the people there are nice and helpful. They are sending me out a new monitor when the new ones come in and then when I get it I just send mine back. They do put a hold for the value of the monitor on your credit card until they get your old one back but I am fine with that. So I guess I shouldn't have listened to what everyone has been saying about their support.

Well guess what fellow VX2025wm owners. As of Tuesday, my DVI input no longer works!!! The resolution got all goofy on me and then I shut my computer off. Since then it has failed to work with any DVI cable I have tried. Guess its time for an RMA. :(

Oh btw, using D-SUB right now and everything is working great. No idea why the DVI fails to work...

dR.Jester said:
Well guess what fellow VX2025wm owners. As of Tuesday, my DVI input no longer works!!! The resolution got all goofy on me and then I shut my computer off. Since then it has failed to work with any DVI cable I have tried. Guess its time for an RMA. :(

Oh btw, using D-SUB right now and everything is working great. No idea why the DVI fails to work...

You need the "DVI Recover" tool. It fixed my dead DVI port.

You guys sure make me nervous as hell, I just wanted to add that.

Why?

I've had my VX2025WM for almost 2 months now and have had no complaints whatsoever, it's just beautiful. And while I have helped a few others with the dreaded DVI problem I have not experienced it at all with my unit, and I am always swapping inputs and connections and stuff.

*knocks on wood* I hope mine doesn't catch this disease from you guys...

We need to start comparing revision numbers and serial numbers and see if we can nail this down to a specific revision of the monitor.

seriously

I HAVE TWO OF THAT MONITOR

I RETURNED ONE TO compusa

and my other one is acting up too.. wtf..

Back