Video-Game Summer Camp

Rofl-Mic-Lofl

For Whom The Bell Trolls
The University of British Columbia is offering a summer camp program that combines traditional summertime fun along with video games. I don't really get what else they mean by summertime fun, though. All I ever did was play video games :confused:

The camp offers three hours of play with the Wii, "Playstation" and computer games as well as traditional fun like foosball, ping pong, board games and cards and a field trip to Electronic Arts to meet designers, learn about jobs in the games industry and get a preview of some of the games the company is working on. The program costs $140 a week and is designed to appeal to children don't necessarily fit in to traditional camp settings.

Dude they're sending those kids to EA. Don't you get it? That's the fifth circle of hell!

My UBC? In computer news? That's a new one.

In any case, this stuff is probably a scam ran by the Department of Arts and Humanities. Those silly purple bastards are turning the next generation into mindless coffee drinkers and novel writers.

Or something.

What they need to do is make the Geering Up program the only one available. Engineers lead the way.

Designed to appeal to children that don't fit into typical camp settings.

I lol'd.

Things that I learned while playing video games for 24 years:
How to avoid facing my fears.
How to avoid facing my feelings.
How not to take responsibility for my life and be the best version of myself.
The things I really wanted to do in life: Have adventures, travel, face challenges. etc. Of course I didn't realized about the later until I actually did them in real life. After that, coming back to video games is simply boring.

The things I really wanted to do in life: Have adventures, travel, face challenges. etc. Of course I didn't realized about the later until I actually did them in real life. After that, coming back to video games is simply boring.

you are a god amongst nerds. you avoided all that for 24 years?!?

hmm for the cost of the program for a few week su could buy your kid a systema nd games or hell 2 systems

its also a babysitting service.

i think most parents don't want to send their kids to a camp that will likely make them fatter, unless they are total tools to their kid's demands.

My UBC? In computer news? That's a new one.

In any case, this stuff is probably a scam ran by the Department of Arts and Humanities. Those silly purple bastards are turning the next generation into mindless coffee drinkers and novel writers.

Or something.

What they need to do is make the Geering Up program the only one available. Engineers lead the way.

Isn't the whole point of summer camp is to get them out of the parents hair?

Designed to appeal to children that don't fit into typical camp settings.

I lol'd.

so about 80% of [H]ardforum?

I hated camping in Boyscouts... when I got older...roughing it means having an internet connection in the hotel that blocks gaming.

I support a camp for video gamers.

though space camp was awesome when i was a kid

Then you should have also learned that video games didn't cause those problems. You did ;)

so about 80% of [H]ardforum?

I hated camping in Boyscouts... when I got older...roughing it means having an internet connection in the hotel that blocks gaming.

I support a camp for video gamers.

though space camp was awesome when i was a kid

I loved camping as a kid. Helped that 90% of my scout troop was hyperactive kids who loved to do everything they could to goof off and have fun. Though I wonder how well I would handle being away from the internet for a weekend or a week now days.

Back