Video Game Selling In-Game Gun for $60?

If an MMO wants to go F2P and fund it using Micro-transacations. Fine.

But 60 bucks? Are you fucking kidding me? I could 5, MAAAAAAAAAAYBE 10 bucks if it's a really good weapon.

But 60? Out of your fucking mind. I could buy a brand new game and then some.

It's not fair to compare the for-sale items in TF2 to the epic fail that is APB: Reloaded. Valve says that all the proceeds from TF2 in-game item purchases goes to continued development. It's an easy way for those that like TF2 enough (& have some disposable income) to vote with their wallet and keep the updates coming.

Since APB: Reloaded isn't even a real game yet (or functional for that matter), they appear to be asking you to invest in their company since they can't get anyone else to capitalize them. It is obvious that the developers have no business sense or technical ability. I don't know why anyone would give these guys money.

Wow, 5 or 10 bucks? That;s already way over the top for me.

There are still cheats that they haven't addressed... when friends of people in the opposition, but not in on the mission block your way. Drive cars into bomb so one can't arm it, or doors you need to break down, etc.

You also can't do anything to them, their cars won't blow up if you shoot it and you can't kill them. There needs to be an eviction trampoline or something on those spots so as soon as they step on it they are launched 100 meters away in a random direction and their cars blow up, killing them, if they stay on there for more than a second or something.

I don't see a problem if the gun were $1-$2, F2P gotta make a living, but $60 is just asinine. Seems like the new owners have their heads as firmly implanted between their own cheeks as the last ones.

This is a prime example of gaming going in the wrong direction. Yeah sure buddy, I'll take your $60 gun along with that invisible Wow steed for $12 (I think it is was 12).

Devs, listen up. I'm sure there's some fanboy who will pay $60 for it, but you've just turned me away from the game completely. No community = no game = no $.

Way to much! I don't no how any1 could be dumb enough to by this.

But some people will, and those people will end up subsidizing the operating costs of the game server for you. Isn't capitalism awesome?

I see no problems with this, you don't need to buy this gun, it isn't some BFG 9000 or anything that gives you a huge advantage. I'm not going to drop the money on it (i'm even too cheap to buy the regular $4 guns), but that doesn't mean that other people wont.

Damn thing doesn't even have a scope. They'll probably sell you one for $25.

I still kill more people in that game just running them over in vehicles, I don't need to spend $60 real dollars to potentially suck a tiny bit less virtually.

Oh so this is for a virtual item? I thought it was like an airsoft gun they'd ship to you. $60? Really? :rolleyes:

I've bought a gun for 2000$ in Entropia, and there are guns that sell for 20,000$ in that game. I've sold it since because I don't have time to play but if there is a market, why not?

No surprise here.

In UO, I used to sell rides that didn't die for about $20-$40 and sold several pieces of armor/weapons for hundreds of dollars.

No surprise here.

In UO about 10 years ago, I used to sell rides that didn't die for about $20-$40 and sold several pieces of armor/weapons for hundreds of dollars.

I'm sure it's 10 times worse now with WOW, etc

Battlefield 4 Free does this. Big backlash from the community as well. A bit different in EA's model though(makes it shittier). You buy a permanent weapon for X amount of real dollars. 3-6 weeks later an improved weapon with better sights and more damage are introduced. Your weapon you just bought is now obsolete. You dont get upgraded for free. The "free" weapons that you can rent with in game credits get nerfed even more. Repeat process over and over. Shitty model, but yet idiots who just have to have the high score" keep buying. Its those people who keep buying let companies think this practice is #WINNING. Yet in reality is FAIL on a greater scale to the whole gaming community.

It's called Battlefield 2 and it's $9.99 @ BestBuy...level up for weapons...have fun.

If Battlefield 3 does something like "pay for better weapons"...I will give-up gaming forever.

I brought a stripped lower for a real one for $90 so I think I'll pass on the virtual one.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why this is such a terrible thing.

If you don't want it don't buy it?

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why this is such a terrible thing.

If you don't want it don't buy it?

Please refrain from using logic in support of your argument in future posts, it's un-American and goes against everything the Bandwagoneer's stand for!

It's a shame. It's like a battlefield/cod mmo only it's gangs vs cops.. It's great when your not getting ass hammered by a level 10 who wont die and is sniping you at 100+ meters through a wooden fence. What a great game if they would only figure out how to get rid of those clowns. If they did, I'd be happy to throw some money their way. :(
They can't get rid of aimbots because that functionality is inherent to their core code. The same way that they can't get rid of aimbots in BFBC2 or any of the CoD games. It simply can't be done.

Trading in-game items or paying for them is well known practice especially among MMOs. So nothing new infact.

Back