Video Editing Rig

jbltecnicspro

[H]F Junkie
Good evening guys. I have a friend who wants to build a PC for video editing and movie making. She's going to be using Adobe Creative Suite (latest version) software to get the job done. Since I mostly use my computer for gaming/music production, I wanted to get some opinions on her build. We don't have any hardware picked out at all at the moment, and I will probably be the one who builds it for her.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Video editing, probably photo editing as well.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1500 - shipping and display included

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Missouri, United States

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc.
CPU, RAM, MoBo, Case, PSU, Optical Drives, Hard Drives, and Display

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
No parts will be reused - this is a clean build.

6) Will you be overclocking?
No.

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
Not sure at the moment. Likely it will be a 1440p monitor though. (She would like to get a Sony Artisan from Unkle Vito down the road to do color correction)

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Since it's her decision, I'm not sure when the actual purchase timeline would be. I think she's ready to buy right now, if possible.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
Since I don't really know what's needed for video editing, I'm not too sure on this.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I have a spare Windows 7 pro x64 OS I can give her.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Is she doing this as a hobby or for work?

Also, make sure when she's actually planning on doing this build as our hardware recommendations tends to change monthly and sometimes even weekly due to changing pricing and availability of parts.

Is she doing this as a hobby or for work?

Also, make sure when she's actually planning on doing this build as our hardware recommendations tends to change monthly and sometimes even weekly due to changing pricing and availability of parts.

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. She's going to be doing this for work. She's an aspiring director I believe.

Please confirm the time frame. I have a few ideas in mind, but first....

Which of the Creative Suite/Cloud software will your friend use most often? (Is she using CS6 or CC?)

Please confirm the time frame. I have a few ideas in mind, but first....

Which of the Creative Suite/Cloud software will your friend use most often? (Is she using CS6 or CC?)

She'll be getting CC, unless there are still places that sell CS6. Timeframe is in the next couple of weeks.

Please answer the second question.

Dangman and I usually tailor our builds depending on which software (or task) is used the most.

Back