VGASAVE

wooj

Limp Gawd
I've searched and found one thread that never got answered but I will ask again.

I have a Dell 7440 AIO unit with intel hd 530 graphics, but VGASave is the default video adapter being used.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, intel hd 530 drivers but nothing.

What's maddening is through the install phase, the display adapter shows up in device manager but not in dxdiag or display settings.

I can install a fresh windows 7 and it works fine. But this image I have doesn't like this AIO.
I've tried exporting/importing regkeys for video from the fresh install to the old but nothing but blue screens.

The hardware ID in device manager of the 'VGASave' shows as 8086 for the vendor ID? (8086 is Intel)

The hardware ID in device manager of the 'VGASave' shows as 8086 for the vendor ID? (8086 is Intel)

VGASave does not show up in device manager.
Intel HD 530 is shown in device manager with 8086 vendor ID

but if you right click on desktop, screen resolution - advanced settings - vgasave is listed as the active display adapter with no vendor or hardware id option in the drop down for details tab - property

I can't get dxdiag to show the Intel HD 530 nor applications that require a 3D card.

Back