Verizon’s New Prepaid Plan: 500MB of Data for $30/Month

hahahah are you serious hahahahhaha

I have £20 and I get unlimited text, unlimited phone, 4Gig of data... plus I have international roaming so once I do use it abroad it is £3 in EU (£5 global) and my normal contract limits are active

hahahahaha sorry... I had to come back "great price" hahahahhaha

Right just checking vodaphone..
£42/mo = unlimited txt & phone, global roaming + 60Gig data
£48/mo = unlimited txt & phone, global roaming + 40Gig data
£36/mo = unlimited txt & phone, global roaming + 32Gig data
£29mo = unlimited txt & phone, global roaming + 16Gig data
£23/mo = unlimited txt & phone, global roaming + 1Gig data
£19mo = unlimited txt & phone, global roaming + 500Meg data

You need to convert to USD. I would say a wireless service offering the same thing, for 4 dollars more, in a country that's 300 times the size of your little island is doing pretty good.

In Ireland my current plan
Rolling 30 day contract for 30 euros a month
unlimited calls
Unlimited texts
Unlimited data (reality 60gb and then throttled)

By fuck you guys get screwed

And we are worse than the UK with mobile plans

You are right, I stand corrected, it does have 10GB of hotspot at full speed...128K max after that is about useless. This doesn't say "AT&T may slow speeds" like the overall phone data plan, it says it will be after the 10GB.
View attachment 54655

I have not found another plan with 40+GB of data at full speed with tethering up to plan limit and Roll Over Data in that price range (which I still find to high but I am not dropping it)
Have you looked at T-mobiles One Plus International? It's $25 on top of any One plan, well actually $10 for One Plus and then $15 more for One Plus International. It adds a bunch of roaming countries and the big kicker that they don't tell you much about is unlimited 4g LTE tethering. It's awesome sitting out in the Ice shack watching TV on my 10" tablet all through the Hot Spot. I have 4 lines for $185 all in, taxes and fees included. Then I usually get $10-20 as a kickback for using less then 2GB on a line or 2.

Red pocket mobile sells the exact same pre paid plan for $10 a month. I picked it up for my young son (we don’t have a land line and he inherited my old phone). Works like a champ.

Verizon is crazy.

What a joke.

T-Mobile prepaid, 5GB of 4G LTE/month, unlimited text, 100M talk. Additional can be bought for $0.10/minute. I've had it for about 6 years. Sorry, looks like they finally discontinued it.

Most of the post-paid plans are ripping you off.

Those MVNOs (StraightTalk, etc.) sound decent, but they cap your LTE speeds (8MB/s for T-Mobile and I think the same for AT&T).
T-Mobile

Age 55 and over $60/mo plan for TWO lines. Both with 100% unlimited 4GLTE (but they get sniffy if you exceed 50GB).
Is that still available? I see 2 lines for $40 each. Still pretty good.
https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com...PD_Q417TMONCC_OH2CCCJ6OT11517#getting_started

There are cheaper options/networks out there, yes. And they're probably good enough for most people.

I've been through AT&T, Sprint and now Verizon. I can say, without a doubt, that I get the most coverage with Verizon. I'm out on lakes every weekend. Sprint's service was non-existent, AT&T was spotty being you'd need to be near shore, while Verizon I could be deep in to no man's land miles from civilizations and still have excellent signal.

May not be important to most people, but it is to me. And I'll gladly pay for that.

Have you looked at T-mobiles One Plus International? It's $25 on top of any One plan, well actually $10 for One Plus and then $15 more for One Plus International. It adds a bunch of roaming countries and the big kicker that they don't tell you much about is unlimited 4g LTE tethering. It's awesome sitting out in the Ice shack watching TV on my 10" tablet all through the Hot Spot. I have 4 lines for $185 all in, taxes and fees included. Then I usually get $10-20 as a kickback for using less then 2GB on a line or 2.

Well I get a 22% corporate discount with AT&T so my plan is $130 a month after taxes. I can't really look at another carrier in that range for that level. T-Mobile would be $70 a month for one line and +25 for the One Plus International for $95 total but their coverage area around me is not the best so kinda doesn't make sense for me but is an interesting plan.

In Ireland my current plan
Rolling 30 day contract for 30 euros a month
unlimited calls
Unlimited texts
Unlimited data (reality 60gb and then throttled)

By fuck you guys get screwed

And we are worse than the UK with mobile plans
I remember when Ireland used to charge something like 15 pounds / hour for a landline and I was on dialup (mid-90s). ...or so I was told by my dad. Either that or he just wanted me to stop playing Duke Nukem with a friend.

Oh how things have changed...

Isn't this more of a means to upcharge your talk-only users than it is to offer more options to data users?

There are cheaper options/networks out there, yes. And they're probably good enough for most people.

I've been through AT&T, Sprint and now Verizon. I can say, without a doubt, that I get the most coverage with Verizon. I'm out on lakes every weekend. Sprint's service was non-existent, AT&T was spotty being you'd need to be near shore, while Verizon I could be deep in to no man's land miles from civilizations and still have excellent signal.

May not be important to most people, but it is to me. And I'll gladly pay for that.

I will agree with the coverage assessment, as I used to have Verizon as well, but not so much with the price. I would spend $160-180/month w/ Verizon, for just my wife and I.

My last bill with Project Fi was $3.83.

I will agree with the coverage assessment, as I used to have Verizon as well, but not so much with the price. I would spend $160-180/month w/ Verizon, for just my wife and I.

My last bill with Project Fi was $3.83.

I'd gladly pay triple knowing I have service when I'm miles away from people, out on a lake, sometimes at night, should something happen. I carry an EPIRB as well, but I can't make a call for a tow on an EPIRB.

StraightTalk has a "$35" ($37 with taxes) plan that has all that with 2GBs of Data (and 2G after you hit your limit). It works great for me.

Verizon has simply gotten to big for their own good.

I'm in the process of probably switching from Sprint to Verizon, and I just got a temporary Straight Talk account as a backup. For another $5 you get 10GB.

I used to manage just fine with 500MB of data a couple of years ago. Was fine for just email and the odd browser look up out and about. I think I was pushing it if I used more than 150MB.

They have since given me 2GB of data a month plus 2000 minutes and unlimited texts for $9.80 a month.

I still only use about 150MB.

I’m kinda fortunate in that my co no longer provides phones or plans. I get a Stipend of around $50 a month and it’s up to me to buy my own phone and plan as I see fit.

Puppy Wireless (which buys its airtime from Verizon) charges "$18 per month which includes Unlimited Talk, Text, & 500MB Data. Data overage is $0.015. Unlimited does not mean unreasonable and user must adhere to fair use policy."

If 500MB/month isn't enough for you (it's fine for me), the next tier up from there is 2GB/month with unlimited talk/text for $24/month. Still cheaper than buying directly from Verizon.

Meanwhile in Switzerland, which is notorious for high prices, you get a unlimited 4G flat for ~$63 or 3GB for ~$40.
And I still think we're paying too much...

And I thought $30/mo (and FALLING) for unlimited 4G LTE plan was expensive...

What kind of stupid joke is this? I left VZW about 3 years ago after almost 10 years of paying too much for a service they assured me was "the best", sitting on hold for roughly an hour each call, being told I couldn't use certain unlocked phones because they didn't have the IMEI in their database, and being flat out lied to about extending our contract on several phones that were free and clear just to get a few dollars off each month (which was still tons more than T-Mobile). All that to suffer zero signal at our house even after they gave me a "free" POS 3G tower that rebooted 10x, a day.

Now I have T-Mobile, great customer service, great signal at home, 7 lines for $180 a month ($120 for first four phones and $20 per phone after that).... not counting government discount, and 6GB of data per line that with "Binge Now" (streaming audio/video don't count towards your cap).

Verizon wants to try and bait me back with this garbage. They can take a flying fuck through a rolling donut.

Back