Verizon Wireless class action lawsuit settlement up to $100

trikat

Limp Gawd
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/verizon-customers-could-get-100-each-thanks-to-new-settlement-who-qualifies-how-to-get-paid/ar-AA1mtjlF#:~:text=The group of people who,and November 8, 2023.”

https://www.verizonadministrativechargesettlement.com/submit-claim

For post paid wireless or data customers January 1, 2016 and November 8, 2023.
Get $15 and $1 for each additional month up to $100. YMMV if there are enough funds to cover everybody.
You need to file a claim by April 15, 2024 to receive a settlement payment.

By the way attorneys get "up to $33.3 million (which is 33.30% of the $100 million Settlement Fund) plus reimbursement of their litigation expenses." :wtf:

Last edited:
I should be eligible, but never got claim information to file a claim.

I'm sooooo friggin glad I got away from Verizanon a long time ago (but not before being within the eligibility period for a check)....they were and still are the shadiest, most despicable, unrelentlessly greedy mf'ers out there, right up there, or worse than Ngreediya, who actively search for or invent as many new ways to grab every single penny they can from their subscribers using whatever methods they can....

Yea yea I know they might have the largest wireless network yada yada yada, but you pay through the nose for the privilege of using it too :(

I was really hoping the settlement would be about 10-50x what it is, but then there prices would just go up even more than they already are....

My wife got an email about it. We just moved over like October. I am not even bothering. IDK why but they verizon up app offered me $20 loyalty for 4 lines and then I got another one for 12 months for $10 off when I played around with port pin generation for month lol. i am only paying like 126 for 4 lines. Also I didn't even know, last week I was in internet explorer, I guess I was on binge page and I saw $600 in top right under cash back. i was like WTF. I went in to check cash back history and this was for my verizon order late september. I thought it was scam at first as I couldn't believe it. Nice $600 surprise lol. I don't even remember at what point binge recognized it, may be just going to verizon website on IE did the trick?

I've been on Visible for the past 6 months and I don't notice anything different than regular Verizon at $35 per line for Visible+. Unless you have 4+ lines like NKD, you get better deals with MVNOs. Carriers have gotten smarter with trade-ins on new phones also. They give you more money, but they are in the form of "bill credits" over the course of 36 months.

One customer complains. Hires lawyers.
Lawyers get other customers involved.
Leeching lawyers make millions.
Company raises price for everyone.
There has to be a better system.
It's annoying that the lawyers make so much in some of these cases but the alternative is to make people sue individually for their $150 which would in essence allow corporations to act illegally towards their customers as long as they avoided regulatory fines or criminal prosecution. Wireless phone companies are poorly regulated as are many other industries and very little business law falls into the criminal category so without class action suits normal people would just get screwed even more.

I'm not sure why you would think that Verizon isn't already charging as much as they can get away with without losing enough customers to offset any gains, there may be cases where the cost gets passed back to the customer but this is going to come out of profits.

One customer complains. Hires lawyers.
Lawyers get other customers involved.
Leeching lawyers make millions.
Company raises price for everyone.
There has to be a better system.
But can you imagine a world without lawyers?

anKbYChiCpm8aEXsqyb89VHvrS0=.gif

F'in lawyers.....
I mean yeah they getting paid, but lets be real 33% isn't why people get so little money, if lawyers got zero, then what would it be? Get $22.50 + $1.50 for each month up to $150. Not exactly moving for anyone who got screwed over.

If anything though the lawyers said "yup that's a good settle for us... er I mean our clients" and that's the tragic thing.

I signed up. We'll see what I get when the time comes. I think I joined in January 2017 when the New Unlimited plans came out. I think I only had 2 lines at the time, but the following year I added 5 lines.

Back