Verizon Closing Call Centers In 5 States

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to the Associated Press, Verizon is closing call centers in five states. The closings will impact 3,200 employees, 2,600 of which will be losing their jobs permanently.

Some 850 jobs will be lost at the two New York locations, including 600 in Henrietta, outside Rochester. In California, 700 jobs are being cut and another 300 are being relocated. The other cuts include 320 in Nebraska, 200 in Maine and 550 in Connecticut. Another 175 jobs at a customer service facility in Huntsville, Alabama, are being relocated to Hanover, Maryland, the company said.

When I called, I almost always got an American/English speaking person. That was the one thing I liked about Verizon when I was on their wireless plan.

They don't mention it, but I'm sure a good amount of stuff is outsourced.

"Thank you for calling Oculus cust... I mean, Verizon customer service, my name is Steve. Have I answered all of your concerns in a timely and polite manner, my friend?"

Yea, only took 30 minutes to get through to them last time when I had an issue with my account being locked. Now it will take an hour. Thanks Verizon, like your cell business isn't making a killing on profit already.

More service reps with Indian accents trying to tell you their assigned Western name... "Hello, this is Jason, how may I help you?" No. Your name is most definitely not Jason. You've started this conversation poorly.

I like how the article directly below this one is "FCC Sees Large Spike in Verizon Wireless Complaints". They sure fixed us, now we can't complain to them any more.

They're outsourcing their customer service to the FCC.

9184055.jpg

They even lost the Can you hear me now guy!

I'm curious how that was allowed to happen. Surely his contract had a right-to-counter any offer at the least.

you're unfunny and or retarded. He is on Sprint commercials now. But you wont see this message because you're a big cry baby and blocked me.

Some people just can't handle the reality of being wrong. I see it constantly here myself.

this is what we love to hear, a company spending billions on a dead horse but shutting departments, ending jobs, to save coins.....

Had to call verizon last night, took over 10 min to just get someone on the phone, seems like they need more people not less.

Another 175 jobs at a customer service facility in Huntsville, Alabama, are being relocated to Hanover, Maryland, the company said.

Wonder if that is actually relocated as in they are moving the people there to live and work or relocated as in they have fired 175 people in Alabama and created 175 new job opening in Maryland office.

So they can spend 4 billion on yahoo but to save costs they need to lose 3000 people?

Yeah, should have spent that 4 bil on jobs for people. So they can afford your phones. So you can make money. Wait.....

Well, if this is Verizon Wireless, I am so glad I got out when I could.

I feel sorry for the people relocating to Maryland from Huntsville. Hope they gave them a huge pay increase to offset the COL difference.

Those jobs are probably going to the Philippines or Costa Rica.

Don't know, the last customer service surprise I had was getting some sexy sounding chick in Ireland. I forget who the company was I was calling, I just started looking for contractor jobs in Ireland and that's all I remember.

Verizon has a Free Cash Flow profit of $21.2 Billion for 2015, and their service pretty much sucks.

NASA had a 2015 budget of $18 Billion, and accomplished all this last year:

Let that sink in...

Verizon has a Free Cash Flow profit of $21.2 Billion for 2015, and their service pretty much sucks.

Let that sink in...

1st off, I have Verizon, I came from Sprint, here in little town Arizona, Verizon is better by far. So what I am saying is that the experience most likely differs by local and isn't a universal truth as you claim.

That being said, what's to sink in? The day NASA's is responsible to shareholders to turn a profit is the day your comparison might have some semblance of validity. Apples and Oranges love, Apples and Oranges.

Let that sink in...

"Mars has resources that ARE useful to FUTURE TRAVELERS".

Not, "Mars has resources that WILL BE useful to FUTURE TRAVELERS".

Space faring time travelers confirmed!

I wonder if this is related to that strike they had earlier

I'm curious how that was allowed to happen. Surely his contract had a right-to-counter any offer at the least.

His contract was allowed to expire in 2011 by mutual agreement.... 5 years later he started working for Sprint....

verizons-can-you-hear-me-now-guy-has-defected-to-sprint_1.jpg

Last edited:
I had to call Verizon Wireless last week. No wait. Just the automated stuff, then a please wait while we connect and then I was connected to a nice lady with no accent. Got my issue fixed in several minutes.

I have issues with their billing and mobile internet costs, but their customer service has been fine for me. :)

I had to call Verizon Wireless last week. No wait. Just the automated stuff, then a please wait while we connect and then I was connected to a nice lady with no accent. Got my issue fixed in several minutes.

I have issues with their billing and mobile internet costs, but their customer service has been fine for me. :)
It's not going to be fine more much longer.

Back