Verizon Blocking VPN Ports?

magik20

[H]ard|Gawd
I cant seem to get VPN working through verizon Static DSL, im using a linksys router, but all the port settings seem correct.

I even tried forwarding ports 500 and 1723 (what seem to be the VPN ports) from the router to the host computer to on avail.

The only thing that makes sense is verizon blocking VPN, as they blocked certain ports on my connection before i complained.

hmm.

my parents have Verizon dsl and I have no problem when I'm at their house VPNing to work, or setting up a tunnel to my place...

can u give me a quick walk through on how u configured ur VPN? i know its a firewall issue because i can VPN inside the firewall, but not through it

Honestly I didn't do anything to set it up "special" or anything.

Just make sure, on the linksys, that PPTP passthrough and IPSEC Passthrough (or something to that effect) are checked. I believe those may be in the advanced options.

Other than that, what kind of system are you vpn'ing into?

im trying to connect 2 XP Home Computers

I know i had PPTP and IPSEC Passthrough checked :(

47 TCP ni-ftp NI FTP
47 UDP ni-ftp NI FTP

thats what port 47 is listed as?

500 TCP isakmp isakmp
500 UDP isakmp isakmp

1723 TCP pptp pptp
1723 UDP pptp pptp

pptp is only port 1723. The shit linksys routers require that you foreward more ports. I suggest you get a d-link router. I had the same problem yesterday with a befsr41 router 1 hour of trying to get pptp to work then I just gave up. I got a d-link 704-p router did a virtual pptp server and and bingo everything worked. Linksys make the biggest tripe/sheit/garbage/absolutly worst routers on earth.

Back