• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Verizon $2 fee 1/15/12

PaHick

Gawd
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
785
Starting 1/15/12 Verizon will charge a convenience fee of $2 to pay your bill online.

My question is, is this a change in my contract and can I get out without paying an ETF? This shit has gone too far! My bill is high enough!!!
 
Ways to avoid the fee

It seems if you do auto bill pay, the fee is waved, just if you use your debit or credit card to pay online. Not sure what the difference is between the auto bill pay with Credit/Debit and just paying with Debit/Credit.
My guess for the fee is the fee Verizon is charged when you use those types of payments.
 
I understand the way to not have to pay fees. I pay with CC. Thats it. No auto pay.

They can pound sand as far as im concerned.
 
If you have a Credit Card, then you should have a checking account and then you can just do an E-check instead, without doing auto pay. All they are trying to do is avoid paying CC processing fees.
 
I've always been on auto-pay so I'm not affected. I don't know why you would want to worry about manually paying a bill every month anyways. I guess to help track payments better, but if you're squared away, you'll budget/monitor these things every month anyways.
 
I never use auto-pay for anything. I just prefer to be hands-on when it comes to when money transfers out of my accounts. E-check is my preference and it looks like that won't incur the fee.
 
If you have a Credit Card, then you should have a checking account and then you can just do an E-check instead, without doing auto pay. All they are trying to do is avoid paying CC processing fees.

Now wait, who cares if I have a checking account? I pay things with a CC, not checking. I dont have protection with checking that I do with a CC. I already give these fucks a break by not doing paper billing. Why should I be put out because banks are charging them more?
 
Now wait, who cares if I have a checking account? I pay things with a CC, not checking. I dont have protection with checking that I do with a CC. I already give these fucks a break by not doing paper billing. Why should I be put out because banks are charging them more?

Yes you do actually via the electronic fund transfer act. Unless you are one of those people who pay everything via credit to build points for something it's not that big of a difference.
 
Starting 1/15/12 Verizon will charge a convenience fee of $2 to pay your bill online.

My question is, is this a change in my contract and can I get out without paying an ETF? This shit has gone too far! My bill is high enough!!!

This was what I was thinking
 
Yes you do actually via the electronic fund transfer act. Unless you are one of those people who pay everything via credit to build points for something it's not that big of a difference.

Its a helluva difference when your protected by two institutions than one, and getting your funds debited immediately. And yes I do take advantage of, not points, but 5% cash back.
 
No shit. FCC was threatening consumer protection lawsuit. Yup, stick to Sprint, people. Sure their network isn't better than Verizon's, but Sprint will better with Network Vision and you don't have to feel guilty about giving an anti-competitive, anti-net-neutrality, and anti-consumer company.
 
Back
Top