Venom Is a Waste of Tom Hardy's Talent and Your Time According to Reviews

uh... the general public are lemmings. If the marketing can convince these lemmings to buy tickets, that is how it will succeed. Heck, the jurassic world movies are HORRIBLE.. yet they both made $$$
Every single critic panned the big Lebowski every single critic was wrong every single critic changed their opinions.

I like Tom Hardy, but I hate when he does an American accent. He just does some marble-mouthed mumbling like a drunk.

The critics loved The Last Jedi and Star Wars fans fucking hated it. We have been seeing increasing disconnects between the viewing public and the critics. Frankly, I don't care if the public are lemmings or not. I frequently find that I don't agree with professional film reviewers on hardly any films that I'd be interested in the first place. I'll stick with the "i don't give a fuck what critics say" policy when it comes to choosing what films to watch and which ones to ignore. I don't always agree with my fellow lemmings either. I hated a lot of those summer blockbuster films like Independence Day, Air Force One, Jurassic Anything, and so on. Many people thought that Black Panther was the greatest super hero movie ever, and while good I think it was vastly overrated.

Obviously, taste in film is all subjective. The longer I've been alive the more disconnect I've seen between reviewers and the general movie going audience. As far as I'm concerned the reviewers have been an increasingly bad barometer for what's good for decades.

Like anything involving reviews, you're better off finding one or two reviewers that you trust and going from there, because going off an aggregate score isn't taking into account the quality of the data used to calculate it. How many times have you checked product reviews on Amazon and found some idiot with a 1-star review saying "never arrived" or something? Should you really be taking that score into account when determining overall product quality? Happens all the time with game, movie, and music reviews, where some generic reviewer with poor knowledge of a given genre decides to weigh in with a poor score because they "didn't get it."

Well, I decided to hop over to the local Drafthouse for a showing.

Won't claim that it was a great movie, but damn did we have fun!

Well, I decided to hop over to the local Drafthouse for a showing.

Won't claim that it was a great movie, but damn did we have fun!

Saw the new Jurassic movie there. Our first time going. Been invited a few times before with friends but never got around to it. It's a bit weird at first seeing the serves dart in and out between the seats lol. Not too bad. We might eat next time. Def returning at some point.

Saw the new Jurassic movie there. Our first time going. Been invited a few times before with friends but never got around to it. It's a bit weird at first seeing the serves dart in and out between the seats lol. Not too bad. We might eat next time. Def returning at some point.

Literally on the same block, but a bit of a walk through not the best part of town for me; call it five minutes away.

I'd prefer an AMC Atmos, but there's only one AMC in San Antonio and it didn't get Atmos- and it's at the top of the Rivercenter Mall, which makes getting to it a pain :/.

Critic reviews of either action, comic book, most sci-fi, horror, or basically anything that isn't a "chic" flick or a drama are basically worthless. I only care what fans have to say about their respective genres. If the fans like it, then it's a solid yes. If the fans hate it, then it's a solid no, unless there isn't anything else to see and the grandparents have already agreed to watch the kids ;)

We should all know by now that critics are useless and only do this because they couldn't get real jobs with their useless "degrees". The only critics I've ever had any respect for were Siskel and Ebert, oh, and those two old geezers from the muppets.

The whole reason for the Pg-13 is to leave the door open for the possibility of using Spider-Man at some point.

The whole reason for the Pg-13 is to leave the door open for the possibility of using Spider-Man at some point.

No, the reason was because Sony had no confidence in an R rated movie working. Every single Marvel comic book movie they're developing right now is being done without Spidy. Silver Sable, Black Cat, Kraven, Morbious, Silk, etc are all being developed without using Spider-man. All part of Sony's stupidly named "Sony Universe of Marvel Characters".

It has a 89% audience score. Also, they did fit a lot of violence for the pg13 rating

The critics are wrong, the movie was well done, the high userscore is accurate. I would love to see a spider-man venom movie though.

It did have a bit of a slow start though (they had all the back story setup that took time)

Me and my wife saw it over this past weekend and we both really enjoyed it. While it wasn't EPIC by any means it IS a good movie.

Back