Vendor reccommendation

[nCn]Preacher

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, so I got home last night to a very pleasant suprise. the new Canon 70-200 F/4 L that I had ordered showed up several days early!

I got the lens from http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/home.asp , $574 shipped Fedex Ground, supposed to be 5-7 working days, got here in 3. These guys are awesome!

I'll post some shots this evening, I am taking the lens to work with me and heading to the roof!

Nice glass. Most probably the best value L out there :)

I use bhphotovideo.com for all my purchases.

Oooo, L glass. I haven't had the chance to use that stuff firsthand, but I hear it's amazing stuff.

I have not used beachcamera.com, but I make all my online photo purchases from Adorama.com (just got my new camera bag and 50 mm 1.8 from them)

I'll second all of Preacher's praise.

Ordered a 300D [my first dSLR...yay!] on Tuesday afternoon. It shipped on Wednesday, and was delivered by FedEx on Friday morning. That's even going nearly halfway across the country [NewJersey to Hickville, Missouri].

They called me Tuesday to confirm the order, since it wasn't being shipped to the billing address. But there was absolutely no pressure for upsale of unwanted/unneeded accessories.

Now if only I didn't have a busy day and I could actually go enjoy it. Guess that's what the weekend is for.

I get most of my stuff from B&H. If I order before 1pm and get 2 day shipping, the package will usually get to me by the next morning.

Unfortunately, my 70-200 f/4 has been sitting around since I got it in January. I just haven't had many chances to get outside to shoot this year. Hopefully I'll be able to use it more now that summer is rolling around.

I've ordered from B&H, always good service. 17th Street Photo has never done me wrong either.

I also have the 70-200 f/4 L, as well as the 17-40 f/4 L. I bought mine used from the fredmiranda forums. I always look there first, you can usually get a better deal than on ebay. I've also sold a couple of lenses there too, I got much more than I would if I had used ebay, and they sold the same day I posted them.

We should try and get this thread stickied and use it as a referral thread for vendors, good and bad.

Back