That's the cloest I could get them to equate one another. Because the G-Sync tax for C32HG70 is "it doesn't exist".G-Sync "tax" aside, you are comparing two different sizes of monitor with different feature sets...
My point was that not all FreeSync's are budget friendly.
Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/AOC-G2460PF-24-Inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01BV1XBEI/ref=as_li_ss_tl
$200 with a 35-144hz range
That's the kinda "budget" I'm talking about....
For $600 total (incl. a Vega 56), ain't a bad deal!
(Especially if you're more inclined towards e-sports/crazy fps gaming etc)
*As you can see from my sig, I'm not one that is prone to dropping $700 on a monitor
It all boils down to facilitating a need in the marketplace and I believe AMD might have hit the nail on the head with the Ryzen 1600X, Vega 56, and a Freesync monitor.
Guess your thinking is far different than mine. Monitors are the very first thing I'd drop big bucks at because it's the part you will most likely stare the most at the computer (assuming normal usage, I don't know who stares at the inside of their computer more than their monitor), so the experience that most often defines my experience is the screen itself.
That being said, I am skeptical there will be significant number of people (outside of those who knows what they are doing), that will pair a 1080p monitor with a Vega 56, I'd be more inclined to believe that RX 570/580 would be a likelier candidate for such a pairing.
Everything Vega has done, has done right, that I agree, it's the timing.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.