SHIFT_nismo
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 15, 2006
- Messages
- 38
Hey Guys,
I am attempting to overclock my Q6600 to 3.6GHz, I can get it to boot up and run about 5 minutes of prime95 small FFTs, then it reboots.
I have my CPU Voltage set to 1.5v in the BIOS but CPU-Z reads 1.464 at idle, and 1.424 under load.
My question is, should I go by the BIOS setting which is already at 1.5v or go by CPU-Z?
Going by CPU-Z would allow me to increase the VCore above 1.5v to get CPU-Z to read higher which could result in stabilizing my system without going over the actual 1.5v intel recommends.
I am attempting to overclock my Q6600 to 3.6GHz, I can get it to boot up and run about 5 minutes of prime95 small FFTs, then it reboots.
I have my CPU Voltage set to 1.5v in the BIOS but CPU-Z reads 1.464 at idle, and 1.424 under load.
My question is, should I go by the BIOS setting which is already at 1.5v or go by CPU-Z?
Going by CPU-Z would allow me to increase the VCore above 1.5v to get CPU-Z to read higher which could result in stabilizing my system without going over the actual 1.5v intel recommends.