Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
which works out to
+12V....11.4V to 12.6V
+5V......4.75V to 5.25V
+3.3V...3.135V to 3.465V
the vcore isnt produced by the power supply but rather the mobo's own VRM (Voltage Regulation Modual(s)
but if it has poorly regulated current supplied from the PSU its job is harder
older boards power the VRM off the +5V rail, newer ones off the +12V rail
(if its an ATX12V v2.0 supply the +12V1)
Guys thanks for the replies... See... I've been having problems with my hard drives... i know its not the hard drives, because i have like 6 of them and every single one of them is having the same problem... and those 6, i've replaced like 2-3 times... so... definately not the harddrives..... But... my harddrives gives me a lot of problem these days... Randomly the harddrive makes a clicking sound (although not any kind of metal to metal grinding noise) followed by the harddrive trying to spin up to the normal speed... so it seems like it gets turned off for a split second, and then the harddrive is trying to spin up so that it can read or write again...
I've noticed this problem happening mostly when windows loads... when i run microsoft outlook, and also when i run world of warcraft... Only thing that i can possibly think of is that the power supply is faulty... but i'm not even 100% sure of that... My current hardware configs are...
Mobo: Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
RAM: 768 Kingston
HDD: Western Digital 80GB special edition
Video: Radeon 9800 Pro
CPU: AMD 2500 Barton
PSU: Antec True 550
550w should be more than enough.... but... i'm just thinking there's something wrong with it...
I'll give you a reading that i got from my mobo program called asus probe...
+12v: High: 12.096 Low: 12.032
+5v: High: 5 Low: 4.815
+3.3v: High: 3.344 Low: 3.246
VCore: High: 1.712 Low: 1.696
These are just rough readings... And if there is another better program out there that i can utilize to get a better reading please tell me... and if there are any other suggestions as to why i might be having this problem that'll be great.. Thanks~
Thanks Ice Czar... After having read your post, I went and read up on corruption 101...
That gave me an idea that possibly the RAM could be the problem... so i went ahead to to test my rams with memtest86+ and also memtest.. Both showed no errors....
Then i went ahead to remove one of my rams to test each one and loading windows to test if one of them could be it.. but both of them seems to give the same problem...
So at this point, its hard for me to say that the problem is caused by the ram... since both tests showed no errors... and whichever memory i use seems to give the same problem...
and currently i only have 1 drive per strand... so I don't think that's the problem... If there are any other suggestions please tell me...
I've been having this problem for sooooo long, i woud love to get rid of it in any way possible... I would love to just buy a new power supply, and ram to see if that fixes the problem, but it would be a waste if it isn't. So i want to find out the source before i replace it. Thanks again, and if you require any additional info, please tell me~
just for clarification when I say strand I mean a wire lead from the supply with its own x number of molex connectors
as opposed to actual individual molex connections
thus with 6 drives + an optical that would mean you had at least 7 strands which I thinks is a bit high,
just like many graphic cards recommend they are connected by a dedicated strand
Id recommend limiting the number of drives on a strand, since typically they all want power at the same time
an carefully examine the molex connectors and pins yourself
a bad connection where the electrons need to jump a gap of a loose pin intermittently could be a contributing or root factor
I have no problems using wye splitters or even in 3-in-series connectors,
additional interfaces if they are good connections
are widely considered to only add 0.01 ohms of resistance,
but I do limit the total number of drives on a given strand
Well currently I have it set up so that I have one 80GB WD as a master, and one 250GB WD as a slave... I thought originally the problem was occuring because it was setup on the raid so i removed the raid, and right now widows is installed on the 80GB stand alone drive... So I do have it set up so that one strand goes to the harddrive (master) and i'm splitting the 250GB with a light thing that comes up infront of my case... I hope this clears things up a bit thanks~
A question I have along the same lines as this post (without necessarily trying to hijack the thread ) is will a 12.5V reading on the 12V rail cause my computer to unstable while OCing? It seems to be in the acceptable +-5% realm, but I can't get my brand new Neo4 SLI to overclock anything beyond 210 1:1 and was wondering if my PSU was the problem with that rail running a little hot.
well a little hot isnt a bad thing for overclocking, but the idea is to still avoid blowing out the topend with an overshoot during a changeup in the transient load
thus why you get a supply that exceeds spec for transient response\load regulation
that way since its designed to have a tighter range, you can run hot and not bust out the topend
the Neopower has 3% load regulation, the PCP&C Turbo Cools 1%
the Powerstreams either one or the other (its not been definatively settled but at least 3%)
thus explaining why many overclockers like em