Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch 7.0

Just remembered. Win 7 64 works flawlessly, but if you're going to put on mods install it outside the program files folder just incase.

Malkavians are a blast. I recall enjoying mine, but it's certainly been awhile since I played.

Works perfectly in Windows 7 64. All you need is patch 7.0 and this: http://www.fileplanet.com/156598/15...e-Masquerade:-Bloodlines---Resolution-Patcher

Install that into your bin folder where engine.dll is and run it and you're all set. :)

Time to see what a "completely batshit" female Malkavian is all about. ;)

Oh yeah, I think with that version, you get even more interesting dialogue than a normal Malkavian. Other than the obviously wacked out funny dementia for that race, I think that subtype gets some cool insights that no one else gets.

For any of you other people, it's probably better if you try another race for your first play through LOL. I'm not sure how easy it is to make sense of the story with a first play through with a Malkavian.

Oh yeah, I think with that version, you get even more interesting dialogue than a normal Malkavian. Other than the obviously wacked out funny dementia for that race, I think that subtype gets some cool insights that no one else gets.

For any of you other people, it's probably better if you try another race for your first play through LOL. I'm not sure how easy it is to make sense of the story with a first play through with a Malkavian.

I played my first run through as a Malkavian... it was interesting to say the least.

I loved this game.

I recently reinstalled this game. Has anyone had problems with certain textures flickering? I have clanmod 2 installed which includes camarilla 1.3 & unofficial patch 6.9.

I recently reinstalled this game. Has anyone had problems with certain textures flickering? I have clanmod 2 installed which includes camarilla 1.3 & unofficial patch 6.9.

Can you tell me how you installed that? I'm fairly confident I installed it per the instructions but I'm not 100 percent sure I did it right.

How do you know if you actually installed it right? What do you see early on in the game? What should I be looking for?

Can you tell me how you installed that? I'm fairly confident I installed it per the instructions but I'm not 100 percent sure I did it right.

How do you know if you actually installed it right? What do you see early on in the game? What should I be looking for?

Yea I just followed the instructions. First install the official patch, then clanmod 2.0. Early on the only thing I really noticed was some of the model changes because I installed them. For example, I installed one of the Jeanette models and saw that she was "changed" early on. Other than that I haven't really noticed much but I also haven't played much.

The intro isn't showing for me even with the latest 7.0 unofficial patch, any ideas? Thanks.

When you create your character before starting the game, there is a "skip intro" checkbox. I'm not sure if this addresses the situation you are having. Is this only a problem from the 7.0 patch?

When you create your character before starting the game, there is a "skip intro" checkbox. I'm not sure if this addresses the situation you are having. Is this only a problem from the 7.0 patch?

Oh wait, are we talking about the intro movies when you load the game up, or the intro sequence when you start a new character and you see the trial etc?

I haven't had any issues with the latter, only the former.

Oh wait, are we talking about the intro movies when you load the game up, or the intro sequence when you start a new character and you see the trial etc?

I haven't had any issues with the latter, only the former.

Likewise i mean the intro movies when the game starts up.

lol, yeah, i was thinking about the trial. You know, I don't think I ever seen the intro movie either. I don't think it has to do with the unofficial patch. Though I could be wrong.

Actually, maybe I saw something when I was playing around with windowed mode or something. Hard to remember now. It's almost like it doesn't work on modern systems. I should see if youtube has it.

edit... oh like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV96A-swkgM&feature=search (before the bedroom part)

Yep same, I was referring to the intro movies. I can hear what sounds like the Activision logo whirling around, then just click through to the main menu.

I vaguely remember reading that the issue tends to hover around users with widescreen resolutions. By default the game uses 4:3 resolutions, so I'm not sure if they were referring to desktop resolution or in-game. Didn't care enough to change my desktop to 4:3.

The intro isn't showing for me even with the latest 7.0 unofficial patch, any ideas? Thanks.

Try right clicking on your shortcut, select Properties, select Compatibility tab, check the boxes Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition.

Tell me if that works for Vampire, it's worked for other game intros.

Try right clicking on your shortcut, select Properties, select Compatibility tab, check the boxes Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition.

Tell me if that works for Vampire, it's worked for other game intros.

That worked thanks fella much appreciated. Did it for the .exe file though rather than my desktop shortcut.

I noticed that there are two different widescreen patches. One seems to give a wider FOV where characters look thinner, while the other makes the characters look fatter. I don't know which is which. Neither look bad, just sayin

I noticed that there are two different widescreen patches. One seems to give a wider FOV where characters look thinner, while the other makes the characters look fatter. I don't know which is which. Neither look bad, just sayin

You'll need to turn on anamorphic scaling. Enable your console through adding "-console" in your shortcut target, then type in "r_anamorphic 1" in the console (no quotations on either). This setting should stick.

Aww, for 16:10 resolutions there's apparently some glitches (visual) according to that WSGF post.

Aww, for 16:10 resolutions there's apparently some glitches (visual) according to that WSGF post.

I'm at 16:10, no problemo using the patcher.

(edit) On second thought, I can barely see the skybox in certain outdoors areas appearing through buildings/floor. But it's so faint it's a non-issue.

You'll need to turn on anamorphic scaling. Enable your console through adding "-console" in your shortcut target, then type in "r_anamorphic 1" in the console (no quotations on either). This setting should stick.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that out since I noticed some slight stretching @ 16:10 ratio.

"True patch" was a product of patch wars and a drama queen. Never heard of a gold version though. What's new in that?

"True patch" was a product of patch wars and a drama queen. Never heard of a gold version though. What's new in that?

I don't know about any of it. The Steam thread has a lengthy pissing contest I'm not going to waste my time reading. Would you mind giving me the Cliff's Notes version on the drama? Should I even bother trying this thing out?

I should replay this one of these days. I liked my first Troika game, Temple of Elemental Evil, a lot. And at first, loved Bloodlines. The role playing and conversations were incredible but the combat was painful and glitchy. I put it back on the shelf and never went back to it. How much does it cost on steam ? Or am I better off tracking down and patching up the retail version ?

I should replay this one of these days. I liked my first Troika game, Temple of Elemental Evil, a lot. And at first, loved Bloodlines. The role playing and conversations were incredible but the combat was painful and glitchy. I put it back on the shelf and never went back to it. How much does it cost on steam ? Or am I better off tracking down and patching up the retail version ?

$20 on Steam. The community patches and such are supposed to work with the Steam version just fine. Just make sure you read the Read Me or check the site for instructions but I'm pretty sure it all works no matter which way you do it.

I don't know about any of it. The Steam thread has a lengthy pissing contest I'm not going to waste my time reading. Would you mind giving me the Cliff's Notes version on the drama? Should I even bother trying this thing out?

Basically Wesp5 has always been the official unofficial patch maker from day one of unofficial patching. Probably a half a decade's work by now. After a while of patching, Wesp5 was doing more than just fixing, but also restoring cut stuff and as the "True Patch" people argue, Wesp5 was adding to the game "against what the developers intended".

So, what they did was take an early version of wesp5's patch and put in their own changes and called it "True Patch", as in "true to the developer's intent." Whatever forum Tessera went on, drama followed. I suppose you could say it was a crusade against wesp5's work. Well, at least for him. Not sure about what the other quieter "true patch" workers thought.

Maybe that's why the unofficial patch currently has a +Plus version and a more raw bug-fixing only version to chose from now.

As far as this gold version, it might have nothing to do with Tessera now. News to me.

Doesn't matter, whatever is cheaper. I got mine from D2D on a $5 Halloween special and had no problems with mods and patches on Win 7 64. Might be a good idea to install outside program folders though. You know.... Halloween is coming up. Wouldn't be surprised if someone had it again for a Halloween special.

Is there any reason that I should try this over Wesp's patch which seems to be the standard? I have never even heard of this "gold patch".

Basically Wesp5 has always been the official unofficial patch maker from day one of unofficial patching. Probably a half a decade's work by now. After a while of patching, Wesp5 was doing more than just fixing, but also restoring cut stuff and as the "True Patch" people argue, Wesp5 was adding to the game "against what the developers intended".

So, what they did was take an early version of wesp5's patch and put in their own changes and called it "True Patch", as in "true to the developer's intent." Whatever forum Tessera went on, drama followed. I suppose you could say it was a crusade against wesp5's work. Well, at least for him. Not sure about what the other quieter "true patch" workers thought.

Maybe that's why the unofficial patch currently has a +Plus version and a more raw bug-fixing only version to chose from now.

As far as this gold version, it might have nothing to do with Tessera now. News to me.

I guess that answers my question. I'll stick with Wesp's patch. This patch is twice the size of Wesp5's patch. So there must be some additions.

Last edited:
I'm expecting you to report back if you do. Sadly you just missed out on a sale on Bloodlines at D2D for $10 btw.

Great steal there.

I've owned the game for several years easily. :)

I'll give this patch a test spin soon.

I don't know if anyone has seen or heard of Bloodlines Revival or Bloodlines Resurgence as it's now called but it's a project to port Bloodlines over to the latest source engine. Hopefully something comes of it. You can actually try out most of what they have done so far.

I don't know if anyone has seen or heard of Bloodlines Revival or Bloodlines Resurgence as it's now called but it's a project to port Bloodlines over to the latest source engine. Hopefully something comes of it. You can actually try out most of what they have done so far.

I've been keeping tabs on that. I'm quite eager to see the end results.

I love this game, still haven't beat it though. I'll have to add the patch and give it another go. I'm sad they never made a follow up, i know the gmae didnt do well but still, such a great concept

Back