Valve Is "Very Aware" of Half-Life 3 Jokes, Hints at "More Things" Coming

At this point, there's no way in hell I would release a Half Life 3 lol.. After all the years of jokes, the game would have to be the best thing ever made or it will be utterly destroyed by the community. No way you could ever live up to the hype.

What hype exactly? Whatever "hype" there is is all from the gamers. People have been comparing this situation to DNF but I do not think it is valid. 3DRealms at first and Gearbox afterwards themselves hyped the game to high heavens, making it seem like the next best thing from pre-sliced bread, on par with second coming of Jesus Christ. And as we know the game fell flat on its face. In case of Valve they have promised and said NOTHING. There is NO hype and empty promises from their side. Gamers themselves have been screaming for the sequel but that is no hype IMHO, just impatience. Valves only enemy is time, the longer they waste it the further Half Life serie falls into obscurity as people stop giving a shit. I am one of those people. If HL3 ever gets released, I will buy it and play it for nostalgias sake but if it is crap then whatever, I have other games to worry about.

Yeah but I’m sure they’ve not been in a position to. Barely 2 pennies to rub together has valve.

- Well, this bus is 10 years late. I'm done waiting!
- Oh, steve, how can you be so impatient, I don't get it!

Imagine that, they break the silence by blaming the fans for being impatient, FU valve!

Updated Source Engine w/ Raytracing - in 2019-20

And it will be HL3 (2020) or HL2: Ep 3 (2019+)

Mark my words.

Pretty sure you're in the top 0.1% of players there. You should contact Gearbox, they might give you some sort of award / PR deal.

Ha. Why don't you go work for Randy? I did buy the balls of steel edition but I did it all for 3D Realms. Hookers and blow aren't cheap

Half-Life 3 will be akin to the second coming of Jesus. Only the true believer shall be raptured. Except we'll find out too late that Gaben is actually the leader of a Heavens Gate 2, and to access the game we have to trancend the this mortal plane to access the third relm.

Well for starters they have done continual development to CSGO and DotA 2. Including game mode additions, game rebalancing, entire engine replacement, hit detection engine replacement, networking overhauls, content additions, and more.

But no actual new titles released... Apart from portal bridge builder...

Um what "Quality" game has Valve released since what... Portal 2? Am I missing something. I didn't think they even had a game studio anymore. Hard at work organizing the Steam store I assume?

I don't get the big deal about HL. The original HL was good, and HL2 was a tech demo for the gravity gun/physics, which got quite boring. There is no need for a HL3....besides, Gordon waking up in the hospital after getting electrocuted when he pushed the shopping cart with the sample into the beam and dreaming the whole HL2 would be a boring game.

I don't get the big deal about HL. The original HL was good, and HL2 was a tech demo for the gravity gun/physics, which got quite boring. There is no need for a HL3....besides, Gordon waking up in the hospital after getting electrocuted when he pushed the shopping cart with the sample into the beam and dreaming the whole HL2 would be a boring game.

Boo this man

Well for starters they have done continual development to CSGO and DotA 2. Including game mode additions, game rebalancing, entire engine replacement, hit detection engine replacement, networking overhauls, content additions, and more.

But no actual new titles released... Apart from portal bridge builder...
Portal Bridge Builder wasn't made by them if memory serves only licensed?

I don't get the big deal about HL. The original HL was good, and HL2 was a tech demo for the gravity gun/physics, which got quite boring. There is no need for a HL3....

Exactly. You can't tell a good story purely through endless plot twists and action sequences... there was no substance to the story or characters. You end up with a frustrating situation like the show Lost where it's not possible to tie up all the loose ends in a satisfying way.

Exactly. You can't tell a good story purely through endless plot twists and action sequences... there was no substance to the story or characters. You end up with a frustrating situation like the show Lost where it's not possible to tie up all the loose ends in a satisfying way.

Does it have to be necessarily about a perfectly scripted story? Couldn't it just be about getting lost in the alternate reality of the game? That's one of the thing's I like about the Half Life series not to mention Black Mesa, the atmosphere is fantastic.

In other words:

Fallout '76 won't be in our lineup, so we better start making games that people like again.

With more publishers launching their own digital stores versus using Steam, Valve realized that their cash cow is going to dry up faster than they thought and they have to do something to stay relevant.

Or just copy another game thats a big hit, it worked with DOTA2. Battle Royale games are all the rage at the moments and need more hat-ification. :D

To be honest though, Valve has done some great stuff and I'd like to see them try something new. I'd love to see them have a go at an MMO, assuming any of the Portal & HL creative talent is still at Valve.
The sad transformation from trend setter to trend follower.
Portal Bridge Builder wasn't made by them if memory serves only licensed?
Yes, Portal Bridge Constructor was made by ClockStone and published by Headup Games. Valve's last "game" was The Lab.

Why do you people even still care. At this point it will never live up to people expectations. The majority of people that made HL what it is are gone. Get over it and move on. The meme is getting tiring.

Why do you people even still care. At this point it will never live up to people expectations. The majority of people that made HL what it is are gone. Get over it and move on. The meme is getting tiring.

If it does not live up to peoples expectations (the few that expect more than it is realistically possible) then that is their problem. I am more interested that if Valve still has it in them that they can make good games.

No...

If it's getting tiring for you feel free to not click on these threads? I'm sure you care about things other people might not give a rat's ass about. That's how it works.

The only thing that will be created by this is more memes and jokes. I think other than rolling in cash the only other productive option for valve employees is creating opportunities for half life 3 memes and jokes. What else do they have to do? Let's just coin it the Gabe Newell law. If a game is created and is overly successful it will be destroyed by that success never to meet expectations again. There's probably a better way to put it but that's what happens in the game world. Nostalgia is an asshole that will only give you blue balls and never satisfy.

Back