Valve Introduces SteamVR Collectibles

monkeymagick

[H]News
Alert for anyone in the SteamVR Home Beta, just like in real-life, you can now add action figures and mugs into your virtual home. The collectibles can be obtained by an uncertain amount of playtime from a few selected games. Valve has partnered with VR game developers for some of the following titles including Job Simulator, The Lab, and Serious Sam: The Last Hope.

A complete list of participating games can be found at the link.Those of you still stuck inside may already know of this and probably have started a new family.

We think Collectibles will be a fun way for players to show their love for a game - whether it be by decorating their place or by modifying their avatar. This first wave is just the beginning and we're excited to see where this will lead.

At first I thought it was going to be something like Sandboxr type of collectables, which are wicked by the way.

I wondered what was going on. Steam VR updated, then I was showing a buddy The Lab when I noticed there was a new virtual room before starting the game. I got two 'collectibles', and before I read this I had no idea what they were for, just assumed they were some sort of Steam Trading Card. Cool.

And now Valve's end-game is revealed: the ability to virtually wear your virtual hats (that you paid for with decidedly non-virtual cash). Billions, they'll make, billions!

Looks like a way for Valve to introduce their virtual marketplace.....and charge real cash for virtual items.

Steam VR home sucks when myself or other people put on the headset and was introduced to that first white/dark grey HUGH room before Vive Home (VR Home I mean) they were amazed.

now with that superficial room with crap in it, my friends are like meh... its just a room

we need a option to disable it

Steam VR home sucks when myself or other people put on the headset and was introduced to that first white/dark grey HUGH room before Vive Home (VR Home I mean) they were amazed.

now with that superficial room with crap in it, my friends are like meh... its just a room

we need a option to disable it

You really should be able to pick your lair. Mad scientist lab, nolan-esque vast bat garage, etc.

I love it, it's VR. I think of you look you can have your own environments as well.

Back