Valheim

Overwhelming Positive reviews on Steam but it's just a survival game not sure of the curve.

This game is pretty fantastic. I enjoy survival games but rarely play more than a day or two s week at a time and then, I duno I kind of fizzle out and am over it.

Not sure why but I’ve been playing non stop since release with some friends online. It’s been a lot of fun and the world and depth is new and fun. Have around 25 hours in already. Progression is slower (although if you have a group of dedicated friends you can progress pretty quick if you help each other.) I’ve basically been playing with one other guy for 70% of the time with the occasional bout of 3-4 others jumping on for small periods of time.

Outside of the bosses you can play the game solo pretty much. It definitely gets challenging in spots though.

For early access it has a lot of content and at 25 hours I’ve only beaten one of I think 4 end games bosses from what I’ve heard. Not in a rush to finish. Been enjoying building my base and learning to farm and tame some wild life.

All skills have skill progression so it’s nice to see no matter what you do , you gain skill with each action. Though I’m not quite sure the benefit of skill lvls to actually being useful.

Just coming back to say we knocked out the 2nd boss tonight with about 5 of us quite well geared and it took a good 6-7 minutes of constant attacking. I don’t think anyone died, but it would have been dang hard solo.

If my guy from Walmart likes it I'll pick it up he's a pretty harsh critic. I guess there is matchmaking not sure hiw effective it works the game has nice graphics.

Really enjoying this game. Few buddies and I got a dedicated server setup and we're having a blast so far, its really well done!

My bro and I picked this up and are going to try it in next few days. Looks fun. Good to see people here giving it a thumbs up.

I played for a few hours by myself and an hour or so on a friend's server. Seems pretty decent for an early access survival game.

I set up a dedicated server and a few of my friends have been playing. We've been enjoying it. It's been a nice break from our normal 7 days to die routine. Really interested where they take it from here.

I may give this a shot. A lot of people suggested it. I really don't like buying into early access games though. If you do end up dying, do you keep all your progression? Or do you have to start over from the beginning?

I may give this a shot. A lot of people suggested it. I really don't like buying into early access games though. If you do end up dying, do you keep all your progression? Or do you have to start over from the beginning?
You will die.

You'll want to set a spawn point early on by placing a bed. If you die, you spawn back at your bed and your map will have a marker where your gravestone is. If you can get back to it, you can retrieve everything you had at the time. The only negative is you apparently lose "some" progression on "some" of your stats you've been leveling playing though nor I or anyone I play with have really bothered to notice.

You will die.

You'll want to set a spawn point early on by placing a bed. If you die, you spawn back at your bed and your map will have a marker where your gravestone is. If you can get back to it, you can retrieve everything you had at the time. The only negative is you apparently lose "some" progression on "some" of your stats you've been leveling playing though nor I or anyone I play with have really bothered to notice.
mmk. Just didn't want to get involved with a hardcore game or anything where you die and have to start all over again. I think ARK or something is like that.

mmk. Just didn't want to get involved with a hardcore game or anything where you die and have to start all over again. I think ARK or something is like that.

Yeah, were at a point we're were dying a lot, sometimes repeatedly and it doesn't seem to be having any I'll effects.

I'm going to pick it up I wonder how much better it will be than Outward.
I think Outward is a really good game and the progress saves.

Game looks dope as shiot Just purchased it suprised by the small file size it must be all server side.

There a Discord or anything I can join? I'll probably order it tonight. Poke around.

Picked this up last night. Won't lie, its refreshing. Only about an hour into it. Repaired an existing cabin thing. Hunting deer. Working on clearing a plot for a more substantial building. Tried building a deer stand, but it really didn't benefit from anything.

I'll be playing this for a bit. Nice little tidbit too was the music was very fitting with the atmosphere.

Neat game.

Good looking game but I kept dying and running back to my grave 2001-2021 DAOC 20 years later just isn't fun.
Dark Age of Camelot does everything better. The crafting system is pretty simple but I just don't find it fun.
I mean you expect to be WOWed by the game but you have to make your own path.

Good looking game but I kept dying and running back to my grave 2001-2021 DAOC 20 years later just isn't fun.
Dark Age of Camelot does everything better. The crafting system is pretty simple but I just don't find it fun.
I mean you expect to be WOWed by the game but you have to make your own path.

Kind of the point of survival games.

Just bought this, as it seems right up my alley. I don't have any friends with the game so I guess I'll try the solo route for a bit

Been duo playing this for the past 5 or 6 nights and am hooked.

While this isn't the most hardcore survival game out there, I can't but help feel a bit of Kingdom Of Amular combat mechanics when playing this, which I'm all for.

Not one crash in the 25 to 35 hours so far.

I thought content was lacking in the beginning, but I was wrong. There is plenty to do, explore and craft in this game thus far.

Free repairs on armor and weapons too? Love it.

At 3rd boss now,

Got bronze smelting, karve ship sailing, balling in food and armor and I'm ready for the swamp biomes.

Solid 8.5 out 10 in my book. Been wanting something to fill my interests while I wait for Ark 2 and Diablo 4. This is it

Last edited:
I don't really dig this "PS1 retro" look - the PS1 was not something to aspire to graphically, lol.

Defeated the first boss last night. Got me all amped up once the screen changed black and the music kicked in. Wasn't a bad fight though.

I need to collect more leather for a tanning table I think it is.

Also on my way to the first boss, I stumbled onto my first troll. I took off. Something so freaky about that thing.

Got a pick now, so I'm going to make a small cabin and workshop by the Black Forest I guess it is.

Defeated the first boss last night. Got me all amped up once the screen changed black and the music kicked in. Wasn't a bad fight though.

I need to collect more leather for a tanning table I think it is.

Also on my way to the first boss, I stumbled onto my first troll. I took off. Something so freaky about that thing.

Got a pick now, so I'm going to make a small cabin and workshop by the Black Forest I guess it is.
Good idea on building near black forrest.

You may end up using that base as your main, since ore is very heavy, and only available in the black forrest. So there's really no reason to transport to a house far away.

Good idea on building near black forrest.

You may end up using that base as your main, since ore is very heavy, and only available in the black forrest. So there's really no reason to transport to a house far away.
yea, that's what it looked like. I got swamped by little goblin things there. need to work on defenses and stuff. perhaps build a wall or corral to filter them through into a hole.

Weird, I like survival games but I could not get into this one. Maybe it's the graphics? Not too sure. Might give it another go.

Weird, I like survival games but I could not get into this one. Maybe it's the graphics? Not too sure. Might give it another go.
The graphics are so weird. Up close, its freaking garbage. But you zoom out, and its totally fine. I've also played World of Warcraft for almost 15 years now, so I'm fine with it. XD

I do like just wandering around and looking for stuff. I'm not there mashing buttons, getting hollered at over Discord, comparing numbers with others, and studying mechanics for days before a fight.

The up close graphics are hard to describe, it's done in a way that it's almost like it's the intended art style?

Back