UT3 timed exclusive for 2007 PS3/PC .

Yeah saw this and immediately thought "PC first then 360 version later".

NICE! I was worried that they meant PS3 exclusive. I want the PC version :D

both should be pretty similar consider both will have M&KB support and mod support. PC most likely better graphically though, but that will probably cost more money.

both should be pretty similar consider both will have M&KB support and mod support. PC most likely better graphically though, but that will probably cost more money.

I have a feeling the half, if not more, of the PC mods will not work on PS3. I doubt any total conversion mod will work on PS3. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

Well, I said I'd get it for the PC in another thread, but I'm thinking... it just might run better on my PS3 (see my PC specs below).

There's always the option for a FragFish for my PS3 so the kb/m argument is out of the window...

Hmm...

Well, I said I'd get it for the PC in another thread, but I'm thinking... it just might run better on my PS3 (see my PC specs below).

There's always the option for a FragFish for my PS3 so the kb/m argument is out of the window...

Hmm...

UT3 is supposed to have KB/Mouse support on the PS3 anyway.

I'm still waiting for something to make my 8800 break a sweat, hopefully this will be it.

UT3 is supposed to have KB/Mouse support on the PS3 anyway.

How often do you hook your console up to a computer monitor though? You going to play with KB/Mouse while using your TV? Maybe I'm in the minority here but I generally play consoles on my TV while sitting on my couch.

Buying this for anything but the PC if you have a rig that can play it respectably is crazy anyway :)

A UT game on a console just won't be as good, whether its the ps3 or the 360.

How often do you hook your console up to a computer monitor though? You going to play with KB/Mouse while using your TV? Maybe I'm in the minority here but I generally play consoles on my TV while sitting on my couch.

All the time ;)

lc320010hm.jpg

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1029625460#post1029625460

Getting this one for the PC thats for sure also. Unreal Tournaments were always the best on the pc. Mods, Maps, and all types of stuff is what i am looking forward to also. When it comes to fps, the pc rules in that category. Without the user created content the game would get old after the regular content got used and abused. Atleast sony knows the pc's strong point and supports pc to ps3 content. Not so sure though if any of it would be compatible lol. :)

Buying this for anything but the PC if you have a rig that can play it respectably is crazy anyway :)

A UT game on a console just won't be as good, whether its the ps3 or the 360.

I second that. I played many UT games on a console and it was terrible.

+1 :cool:
dualmonitorswesty.jpg

Anyways, if I got UT3 I'd get it for the PC because you can customize the graphics. I haven't seem too much FSAA on PS3 yet, but UT for XBOX1 was probably one of the few with FSAA.

Hey you got some spare money I can have Mr. I Own Every Game Console ever?

Getting this one for the PC thats for sure also. Unreal Tournaments were always the best on the pc. Mods, Maps, and all types of stuff is what i am looking forward to also. When it comes to fps, the pc rules in that category. Without the user created content the game would get old after the regular content got used and abused. Atleast sony knows the pc's strong point and supports pc to ps3 content. Not so sure though if any of it would be compatible lol. :)

Not holding out for the Wii? J/K :D

This month's magazine of EGM states that Sony's PS3 does not run UT2007 engine very well and that Sony is tipping Epic a "money hat" to ensure it works well on the PS3 by the time of release.

I play from my couch. But i have a nice coffee table in front of it. I was just makign the statement that on the ps3 it will be easy to play with the mouse and KB.

Well im buying it for PC, thats the only true way to play UT3

Aye, I love watching all the Xbox 360 losers complaining on the UT3 forums now. I hope to god Epic makes a PS3/PC forum and a Xbox 360 UT3 forums so I don't have to read through their crap.

This month's magazine of EGM states that Sony's PS3 does not run UT2007 engine very well and that Sony is tipping Epic a "money hat" to ensure it works well on the PS3 by the time of release.

I don't know, it seemed to run pretty damn well at last year's E3 when they showed UT3 running real-time on the PS3.
...or was it 2005's E3?

Eh.

lol its one thing to run a game with a couple characters on screen but when you have 32vs32 with graphics on high you got to have some serious power under there to handle all those geometries and calculations in one shot. I bet most of the videos that were shown on 360/ps3 was from a pc lol.

Graphics will have to sacrificed thats for sure it sounds like.

Gamespot's hands on impression

And some notable features that have not been mentioned previously here on [H] for the PS3 version.

• Mods built for the PC version will work on the PS3 version of the game. Right now, Epic is testing this functionality by copying the content onto a memory stick and then copying that to the PS3 hard drive, but they’re hoping to get the PC removed from that equation and make mod and map downloading a part of the PS3 version

• To speed up loading overall, the game can be completely installed to the PS3 hard drive, but you’ll still need to have the disc in the drive for copy protection purposes.

• To hear Epic describe it, the differences between the PS3 and PC versions are few, and aside from the controller differences, the two versions do look quite similar

Does this mean I could play it on my TV on the PS3 with my bluetooth keyboard and mouse?

Mark Rein previously stated they have mouse/keyboard support for UT3. Although, I would not be surprised if they removed it. Either way I'll be purchasing both versions this year.

:( my pc sucks, so ps3 version by default. ue3 games dont play too well on the ps3 currently, but considering so many games use the unreal engine and how profile this game is, hopefully sony wont screw this up.

wow; mods are interchangeable? hopefully this works out good. this is a must have for me

The modder community to me though will always stay on the pc. Happened with the dreamcast on Quake 3 and Unreal for it. Mods were possible and some mods were made but most of all of the high profile best mods were for the pc only. Such mods like urban terror, true combat and others. total conversions.

It would be cool though i think if we could play ps3 people :cool:

http://www.n4g.com/tech/News-51800.aspx

Interview with epic. At the end he basically hints that the graphics will be dumbed down abit but the one thing i liked was the user created content. I plan on getting this for the pc so i hope they enable pc vs ps3. It would cool if they actually did that. The only game i was able to play against a consoler was Quake 3 in like a 1.16n version or something like that. It was pretty fun. Owned all the dreamcasters before the dreamcast servers went down. :p

Back