UT3 $11.99 on Steam & Free Weekend

It's free again this coming weekend.
I kind of thought they were going to do that. I don't think they expected the response they got this past weekend. That and I'm sure they got flooded with complaints from people who couldn't get the game downloaded in time to actually play it for free.

I'm already seeing some nice results from this second free weekend, gone up from 490 to 580 servers and lots of new players! And its only the first day, so we can expect even better results after its done :D

Feel free to add me to your UT3 lists

My name is AngryTwinkie

The current iteration is how UT3 should've been released on day 1 for PC.

For those that played the demo and hated it (I was one of them), UT3 has been patched and upgraded into fine UT form. GET IT NOW!

hopefully it actually downloads this weekend...

They allowed preloading over the week, but hopefully they sorted out all the issues for who ever wants to download the whole thing over the weekend.

Are you sure its free? It says it starts today at 10AM.
FREE WEEKEND!

All you need is a free Steam account to play the full version of UT3 Black this weekend. Free period starts this Friday at 10am PST and ends Sunday at 1pm PST.

Maybe they never updated their web page and are referring to last weekend.

Are you sure its free? It says it starts today at 10AM.

Maybe they never updated their web page and are referring to last weekend.
Nope, it's accurate. They're doing another free weekend this weekend, and the sale was extended from March 15th to the 22nd instead.

Graphical style's not my cup of tea. Really liked the original UT, but the subsequent versions haven't been very enjoyable for me. Just MHO.

LIke someone posted, would be better if they speeded things up on the movement. ITs quite a fun game and very smooth. Its a bit like the old Quake Arena.

Decided to grab it and give UT3 another shot. On the fence if I'm going to buy it again, but it is better and the servers don't seem like ghost towns.

it just downloaded!! but for some reason it crashes right when i type in the cd key. anybody know why??? pleeease help

im def gonna buy it for $12! Its a blast, havent had this much fun since unreal tournament game of the year edition!

Also nice that I could register my retail copy in Steam. Course I gotta download it now. Gah.

it just downloaded!! but for some reason it crashes right when i type in the cd key. anybody know why??? pleeease help

Yeah its your nvidia drivers update to 182.08 I got the same thing but it told me my video drivers 182.06 were incomplatible with UT3 Black. Update fixed it.

Also nice that I could register my retail copy in Steam. Course I gotta download it now. Gah.
Here's a thread on moving the install folder from the DVD-install to the Steam install.

I haven't tried it yet as I'm still installing UT3, but I'll give it a shot.

Edit: instead of uninstalling, I just moved the files over after closing out of Steam (it was downloading a few files and wouldn't let me overwrite it). I'm now 7% done with downloading at around 70 kB/s, which I take to mean that it's the patch and not the actual game.

Back