USPS - Insurance is cheap guys, turned into a buyer beware thread for idevices!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So:

No Unlock Code = Fail
No Refund = Fail
Non working watch = Fail

That's some serious bullshit right there.
Buyer Beware

Yo Gill I hope it works out for you bro.

This is so simple of a fix too, all it needs is unlocked (or a refund). I’d honestly prefer the simple unlock myself so I can move on, but I don’t know why it has to be so difficult unless there is something being hidden. I wish the previous seller of my current watch would chime in as he can attest how simple of an issue it was to resolve. It took all of about 15 minutes and a couple pm’s between us. He can vouch that I was honest and not trying to pull a fast one. I also can’t understand the sheer lack of communication at this point.

FYI, I have fought with USPS about insurance in the past. If a package is lost and you submit a search request, and they can't find it, it's pretty easy to get the insured value. I mean, they lost it.

If, on the other hand, the package isn't lost, a lot of times they like to pull the same thing that places like Fedex office or the UPS store will do - "oh, how do we know you securely packed it? Do you have documentation of the entire packing process? We need pictures, a video, a signed statement..."

It works really well if someone can show a package was damaged in transit but they love to fight about it otherwise.

My friend went through the hassle with UPS when he shipped an Amiga 4000 Video Toaster system. Item arrived damaged so he filed a claim. They came back saying it was improperly packaged so they were doing to deny the claim.
He was like, "What do you mean improperly packaged? You all packed the item for me."

After he sent them the receipt for packaging and shipping, they paid for the repairs on the machine.

So:

No Unlock Code = Fail
No Refund = Fail
Non working watch = Fail

That's some serious bullshit right there.
Buyer Beware

Yo Gill I hope it works out for you bro.
which means it is a stolen apple watch

A watch that was stolen wouldn't be linked to my personal email...... It should activate for him now
I really do hope it does. Trying now. Gimme a few.

EDIT: Good news perhaps! It says it needs to update so that’s a step in the right direction at least. Will report back as soon as I know one way or the other. Thank you!

Well alrighty! Bout fuckin time too! Should have been addressed earlier and without all this pulling teeth bullshit.

Keep us posted Gill!

I gotta side with Gillbot here.
I have had multiple Apple devices sold to me where they thought they removed it from icloud, apple id, itunes, etc...and I still had problems.
Apple watches are the worse for remote removable from accounts too.........I have had people give me their watch password and apple ID temp passwords just to unlock and never had a issue, which they then chance when all is done.

This is a lot of drama, and would not have happened if the seller was Apple itself.............because the seller is at fault because the watch was not fully removed and unlocked prior to shipping.

With all that being said, I DO NOT BLAME THE SELLER if he thought he removed and unlocked it from everything before shipping, cause I have seen this before.
I do blame the seller for when the buyer got the locked device and did not work with the buyer to solve this issue without it going public, thus causing this thread to be made.

Does that make sense?

My friend went through the hassle with UPS when he shipped an Amiga 4000 Video Toaster system. Item arrived damaged so he filed a claim. They came back saying it was improperly packaged so they were doing to deny the claim.
He was like, "What do you mean improperly packaged? You all packed the item for me."

After he sent them the receipt for packaging and shipping, they paid for the repairs on the machine.

I'd like to see the faces of those working at UPS at the time. It would have been hilarious.

FYI, I have fought with USPS about insurance in the past. If a package is lost and you submit a search request, and they can't find it, it's pretty easy to get the insured value. I mean, they lost it..

Unless your carrier falsifies your signature...that cost me $1,000....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back