USPS Delivery of the Day

Wow, must be a Cali thing. Our postman brings most all of our deliveries to the door, rings the door bell and waits a few secs for us to answer. Unless it's a Sunday delivery, then they just live it on the steps. That dude should be beaten and dragged by his heels until he says "uncle"

Fuck USPS. This is, by far, the most worthless government entity of all time.

Wow, must be a Cali thing. Our postman brings most all of our deliveries to the door, rings the door bell and waits a few secs for us to answer. Unless it's a Sunday delivery, then they just live it on the steps. That dude should be beaten and dragged by his heels until he says "uncle"

Nope, happens in lots of states, and with all of the couriers actually. It's been a problem here and there for ages, it's just that cameras are so cheap now people can finally see what the hell is going on when their packages are missing, in the middle of the street/gutter, torn open, etc.

Years ago I had a replacement HDD delivered and wasn't home so the fucker just left it outside my *apartment* door for anyone to take. Luckily I found it first.

Years ago I had a replacement HDD delivered and wasn't home so the fucker just left it outside my *apartment* door for anyone to take. Luckily I found it first.

USPS delivered my R9 290 in my sig to the mud puddle at the bottom of my steps. Looked like a forklift had run over it too.

Newegg Delivery left my new Strix 1080 sitting right outside my apartment door about a week ago. The kicker? I was right inside - douchebag didn't even knock or update the tracking info. I went to take out the garbage and the box was sitting right there.

I'm in Cali and I usually get better service/delivery from USPS than anyone else, especially Ontrac, Amazon Delivery, Newegg Delivery, and UPS. It really comes down to the person that delivers your packages.

In my area they always deliver things to my porch, but they LOVE to delay things by claiming the address is wrong (it never has been), that the porch wasn't clear (impossible), the package wouldn't fit on the porch (lol...nope), etc.
I think they're judged by delivery timing, but if there is some way to shift blame they don't get dinged for it.

Yep, I always use UPS now if it is an option. Purolator delivered a vid card I ordered online to my landlady that lived in the next building over. I never gave them instructions to do that.

In my area they always deliver things to my porch, but they LOVE to delay things by claiming the address is wrong (it never has been), that the porch wasn't clear (impossible), the package wouldn't fit on the porch (lol...nope), etc.
I think they're judged by delivery timing, but if there is some way to shift blame they don't get dinged for it.
Bingo! The worst part is that having to do the same delivery 2-3 times is the most inefficient thing they could possibly do, so this is a case of a complete mismatch between the individual driver's incentives and the organization's and could be easily fixed if someone in management had ever worked as a driver and / or would take their heads out of their asses.

Yeah... I have to remember not to ship Canada Post down to the USA (because they hand off to USPS) when I'm shipping eBay sales. Canada Post is great within Canada, USPS is clearly negligent. I guess I'll ship UPS next time.

Yeah... I have to remember not to ship Canada Post down to the USA (because they hand off to USPS) when I'm shipping eBay sales. Canada Post is great within Canada, USPS is clearly negligent. I guess I'll ship UPS next time.

Good thing you don't make rush judgements off of one video....oh, wait a sec...

World's most efficient postal service, called the most worthless government entity of all time. What?
Judging the entire entity based on one moron would be like someone judging [H] based solely on you're posts.

Considering my packages from Amazon are always at least 1 day late, usually two, and the lotion my wife ordered and got this weekend was crushed and exploded, fuck USPS, they fucking suck, and are more worthless than tits on me.

Fuck USPS, and I hope they go broke and fail.

Canada Post delivered a PSU to a house 1/4 mile away from me. Good thing the person they gave it to was honest and returned it to Canada Post.

Also, too many times I get a card from Canada Post to go pick up the item because they claimed I wasn't home. That is a lie and I was home on many of those occasions.

I have never had an issue with UPS and in my book they are the best of the lot.

Be careful with the brokerage fees if shipping by UPS cross-border. Not sure how it is for CAN --> USA, but the opposite direction UPS Standard will absolutely hose the recipient with additional brokerage fees (causing a lot of us Canucks now to not want UPS used as the courier)

USPS just drops the box on our front steps; which meet the public sidewalk. So our packages are within reach of anyone walking by. So I'm not surprised when stuff goes missing. That, and the fact that our postal crew is lazy. The town's recycling and other notices which are prepaid postage, sit in the post office.Why? The guy in the post office says, 'well, people can just pick it up when they come in'. Like everyone in town comes into the post office, which is only open 8-4 m-f. We have terrible postal service. Of course, we also get Sunday delivery, I guess when the post man's trunk fills up with our mail when he doesn't deliver it on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Of course, we get our neighbors mail, too, because he's probably drunk when he sorts it out.

I know it might sound a bit anecdotal, but I always find it weird to see the amount of complaints I read regarding USPS online. When talking to friends, family, and coworkers, I can't remember anyone really railing on the USPS like that. Sometimes I have run into issues at the PO here and there, but nothing that wasn't resolved.

I work from home, so I'm always here. If a package requires a signature, the postal work simply fills out the form for me to come to the post office and sticks it in the mailbox. Walking up to the door to ring the bell would be too hard. I finally complained and I think he just doubled down.

Reactions: G_Sup
like this
I dont see the problem, its pretty much the best method to get a high score in paper boy and not get hit by a tornado.

lol

My area USPS is pretty reliable. If its the usual person she generally always drops my package at the door (unless its just mail or doesnt fit in the mail box). UPS always drops it at the door and knocks. Pets the dog to if he's outside.

USPS is the worst... We had a real piece of shit carrier for a while that would mark the package undeliverable if you didnt catch him and meet him at the mailbox. One day i fucking laid into this guy for this, i walked up as he is filling out the pink slip claiming its undeliverable as adressed right in front of my house (we have street mailboxes). He handed it to me and tried to cover it up claiming it required a signature. I called his shit right there and told him i knew he did this shit just so his fat ass could stay in the car like the lazy fuck he is, told him i wasnt signing shit and from now on he needed to get his ass up and do his job. We have a covered deck in front of my house with an uncovered side deck leading to the back deck, 2 days later its raining like hell and i come home to find packages on the side of my deck in the rain about a foot outside of the covered part of my deck.

No clue what happened to that asshole but now i have a bad ass carrier thats super nice, always brings my packages to the door and if he sees both cars he will bring my mail with the packages and knock.

UPS has been bullet proof for years, only one issue ever with them. Fedex is pretty obnoxious they have a van driver that will pull in your driveway, honk and wait for you, if you dont meet him he eventually delivers to the deck though.

Maybe you should log off and go outside for a while.

Nope(And I love that demanding quality service makes me crazy). I'm perfectly fine. I'm currently working on getting my mail carrier fired since he's so inept. I had pictures that I printed out and gave to the manager of my branch of him laying packages out on the ground in torrential rain to sort them before putting them in the mail boxes at our mail box farm. I've already filed 33 complaints against him, and 17 against the branch manager. I'm sure none of them were filed properly, so I found out that the regional manager works at the post office in the next town so now I file all complaints about them two there.

Fuck with my mail, I make sure I document your inability to the simplest of tasks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newegg Delivery left my new Strix 1080 sitting right outside my apartment door about a week ago. The kicker? I was right inside - douchebag didn't even knock or update the tracking info. I went to take out the garbage and the box was sitting right there.

I'm in Cali and I usually get better service/delivery from USPS than anyone else, especially Ontrac, Amazon Delivery, Newegg Delivery, and UPS. It really comes down to the person that delivers your packages.

My NewEgg order got delivered 3 blocks away. It was just over $1k in parts. I had to call the post office and get a hold of the driver, then go door to door for blocks based off of his vague descriptions on where he actually left it. Thank goodness I was on top of checking the tracking number. I would never have seen the package again.

This was USPS and it was a "new" driver for the weekend.

Between that and NewEgg's awful return policy/procedure, I'm pretty much done with NewEgg. And yes. I know Amazon uses USPS on the weekends too. At least they will cross ship and not hassle me on returns of bad product.

I would take that footage down to the local USPS branch and show it to the manager on duty.

My regular USPS delivery guy is an obese older black guy, counting the days until his retirement. If there is any slight obstruction to my mailbox at the curb, where he would have to get out of his vehicle, I don't get mail. But if a package won't fit in my mailbox, he has to get out. It is painful to watch him walk, and I'm sure he doesn't enjoy it either. He lumbers so slowly up my sidewalk and drops the stuff at the door. I kind of feel bad for him, I also feel bad their crappy little USPS jeeps (nothing nearly as nice as the one in that video) do NOT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING. In Texas in the summer this has got to be brutal.

About 1/3 of the time it's not him, and someone else covers his route. Those randos often like to throw the packages at my door like a football. Sometimes I find them in the bushes sort of near the front patio.

I wish the USPS would go away.

FedEx is who makes me FedUp. They have "lost" a number of my packages over the years. Last fall I ordered a set of Polk towers, which they supposedly delivered minutes before I got home from work. I went inside upon getting home and checked the delivery tracking which stated they were supposed to be outside the garage door, which I walked through to get into the house. Newegg replaced the speakers but I still wonder what happened to them. I doubt my elderly neighbor with his bad back carried them off.

I don't remember having any problems with USPS, if they ring the door and no one is home they leave an attempted delivery notice and I go down to the post office to pick it up. Glad my carriers aren't anything like you guys have experienced.

Nope. I'm perfectly fine. I'm currently working on getting my mail carrier fired since he's so inept. I had pictures that I printed out and gave to the manager of my branch of him laying packages out on the ground in torrential rain to sort them before putting them in the mail boxes at our mail box farm. I've already filed 33 complaints against him, and 17 against the branch manager. I'm sure none of them were filed properly, so I found out that the regional manager works at the post office in the next town so now I file all complaints about them two there.

Fuck with my mail, I make sure I document your inability to the simplest of tasks.

Quite frankly I'm surprised at that due to all of the shutdowns and closings and loss of revenue by them. When that started happening they went from being real pricks at the walk up counter to being fairly helpful and courteous the last few years. Where I live its the exact opposite. USPS is great, then Fed-Ex and lastly UPS, which sucks for me. You find bad apples at every carrier, and sounds like you got a doozy!

I work from home, so I'm always here. If a package requires a signature, the postal work simply fills out the form for me to come to the post office and sticks it in the mailbox. Walking up to the door to ring the bell would be too hard. I finally complained and I think he just doubled down.

Can't remember the last UPS or USPS rang the doorbell. My wife is almost always home and would hear it.
Instead they just drop it on the front porch.
Luckily we live at the end of a long cul-de-sac in a safe neighborhood, so I haven't had a box go missing, yet.

The postman in my neighborhood does a good job. We've had the same guy for about 10 years. However, I think I am lucky - there has been a lot of videos of bozos like the guy in the video.

I'm currently working on getting my mail carrier fired since he's so inept. I had pictures that I printed out and gave to the manager of my branch of him laying packages out on the ground in torrential rain to sort them before putting them in the mail boxes at our mail box farm. I've already filed 33 complaints against him, and 17 against the branch manager. I'm sure none of them were filed properly, so I found out that the regional manager works at the post office in the next town so now I file all complaints about them two there.

Don't get your hopes up, they are unionized government workers. Virtually impossible for them to get fired.

I've had way too many shipments destroyed by UPS, Fedex, DHL, Canada Post, and USPS to think that any of them are mysteriously better than the others. The gluebag ratios at all transportation companies are very high.

To quote my father "Some drivers just want to do their work and get their cheques, the rest of them only got a license so they could drive themselves to daycare."

How many times have you had a delivery go missing even though tracking shows it as delivered? Well, if you live anywhere near this guy, now you know why.
Not as bad as this, but just the other day I had to dispute a NewEgg delivery, as it showed delivered by USPS on Friday (the 7 day limit), but wasn't received. Somehow they "found" the package they already supposedly delivered on Wednesday and finally dropped it off. Seriously USPS, you have ONE job.

Don't get your hopes up, they are unionized government workers. Virtually impossible for them to get fired.

I know. But, it makes me feel good knowing I'm telling these two assholes they fucking suck at their job.

all delivery drivers suck. when they only hire the from the low class scum bags. raise their pay, maybe they can attract better qualified delivery drivers.

It really comes down to the delivery person and not really the shipper. I know our UPS and USPS delivery guys by name at my house and they have always been awesome. They will hide the packages on our front porch or if they are really big put them inside our side gate. The UPS guy at my office is the same and been on the same route for 25 years. Now our FedEx and OnTrac deliverers, those are very special bunch people.

At the office we have several Fedex packages delivered to us that was for someone on the other side of Orange county and vice versa. The best one was once our FedEx guy at our office deliver a tag but no box attached to it. I ask "Where is the 45 lbs. box that this tag is supposed to be attached to" and he replied "Not my problem. You need to call the shipper on this." I said "No thanks" and I refused the shipment. he proceeded to tell me that I could not refuse the shipment. I said "Watch me" and shut the door on him. After 3 weeks of figuring out what happened it was discovered the box had been stolen as part of an internal theft ring that in the FedEx distribution center and finally got the shipping refund to our Vendor.

Ever make the mistake of having something shipped from the US to Canada via UPS? Insane "brokerage" fees, every time (oh, your item was $120? $70 brokerage fee please). USPS, however, has a $5 flat rate or something so if that option is available I'm taking it.

Back