Using Thinkpads as Bus Seats

Not sure I'd want to type on that keyboard after oh, the first passenger sat on it.

If I could guarantee I was the first person to be on that bus the first day the 'seat' was there, I'd play with it. But not any later.

Ha, would love to see the battery explode while someone is sitting on it. :eek:

Just reinforcing what many of us already know about ThinkPads. :)

Crappy windows notebook would break instantly, they should have used Macbooks. Plastic is not as strong as the solid aluminum unibody on the Macbook.

Crappy windows notebook would break instantly, they should have used Macbooks. Plastic is not as strong as the solid aluminum unibody on the Macbook.

I'd rather sit on a seat that breaks than spontaneously busts into flames...

I don't know about you, but "breaking instantly" doesn't match my experiences with Thinkpads.

:rolleyes:

IBM/Lenovo has been driving trucks over their Thinkpads for years to showcase their durability.

I'm sure you'll be the first Lenovo taps for ad campaign manager for all their future roadshows.

You could literally beat a macbook to death with a thinkpad, and the thinkpad would still work :rolleyes:

Yea, its all Windows fault, stupid Windows and the plastic associated with it. They should start installing OSX on HP's so that they are metal and not plastic.

Stupid Windows....

That is a pretty awsome idea for marketing though. I think it would be pretty cool to see that.

lol at the cooking of one.

I used to work for a company that handled thousands of off-lease TP 600s. Those things were beat to hell in the field and 95% of the time they still worked. A lot of them had the red tint and worn wrist wrest problems that were endemic on that model, but worked perfectly.

The ones that didn't work usually had been seriously trashed or had bad power circuits, but they were quite rare.

I would be more than happy to beat your macbook to death with my T60 :p

hell, my wife's T500 would kick the shit out of his Mac notebook.... and that's getting beat up by a girl's computer! lol

Just like solid aluminum unibody soda cans are known for being ridiculously hard to crush, right?

Just like solid aluminum unibody soda cans are known for being ridiculously hard to crush, right?

ibm/lonovo uses Magnesium for its cases so yeah its it harder than a shitbook unibody made with recycled soda cans

As a Unibody owner... you're an idiot.

Apple ain't got nothin' on the rigidity of the thinkpads, and to some people who like the industrial/tank look they don't have the looks either.

I love my MBP as much as the next guy, but seriously, I would not sit on it, unibody or otherwise.

I don't think anyone got my joke.

well damn, that's what I get for not reading everything before replying, either way, thinkpads as said above, could beat a macbook to death and still work perfectly.

Well let's see. Cell phones can cause brain cancer, or so I've heard so sitting on a laptop can cause???

That will be an interesting law suit..

:cool:

I received a new Thinkpad T500 at work the other day, and I'm well pleased with it. Although, I'm pretty sure it won't take the abuse my arse would dish out if I sat on it :D

I remember when my father was looking at notebooks when they first came out (back in the 486 days), the salesman took a thinkpad off the display shelf, threw it on the floor and stomped on it.

I still will only buy thinkpads to this day.

Is it a coincidence that ThinkPad's abbreviation is TP?

;-)

I used to work for a company that handled thousands of off-lease TP 600s. Those things were beat to hell in the field and 95% of the time they still worked. A lot of them had the red tint and worn wrist wrest problems that were endemic on that model, but worked perfectly.
I had a Thinkpad 600 for several years. Not very fast, but remarkably well-built and steady as a rock.

Back