Using RAID on P8P67 Pro Motherboard

havokator

Limp Gawd
When I change the SATA Mode on my P8P67 board from AHCI to RAID, without even creating a RAID array, just booting up, I get a blue screen. As soon as I change the SATA Mode back to AHCI, it runs fine. Why does Windows bluescreen when I change the BIOS setting to RAID? I installed the STOR_Vista_Win7_10.5.0.1027_PV.exe driver from intel's website which is supposedly the RAID driver. Is there a different driver I need to install? What am I doing wrong? THank you.

This isnt for the boot drive. I already have a boot drive that is NOT raid.

I just went into the BIOS and switched the SATA mode from AHCI to RAID so that I could set up a new RAID array, Well before I even set up the array, I tryed to boot into Windows, and it bluescreened. I am assuming it is because I dont have the right drivers or something even though I got the latest intel RAID drivers I could find. Maybe I didnt get the right drivers?

I installed the 10.5.0.1027 RST drivers from intel's site. Should I install the older 10.1.0.1008 drivers instead?

The driver for RAID is different from the driver for AHCI. I don't see the 10.5.0.1027 drivers you speak of on Intel's website. Link please?

It looks like this is a fairly common problem. If you install Windows7 on a boot drive with SATA Mode set to AHCI, and then later on change the SATA Mode to RAID to add a separate RAID array (totally different from your boot drive). Windows will no longer boot on the original boot drive.

I think it is because of the drivers. I tryed installing the intel RST RAID Drivers from the following site:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...word="rapid+storage+technology+raid"&lang=eng

These drivers did not work. Can anyone suggest a driver that will work?

The $29 fix is to buy a PCIe SATA card.

Install the SATA card. Boot. Install SATA card drivers. Turn computer off.

Connect hard drive to the SATA card. Change the BIOS setting to RAID. Boot. Install RAID drivers. Turn computer off.

Connect hard drive to motherboard. Boot.

All works well. (You can remove the SATA card is you wish.)

Well the free fix is to do this (thanks to another forum)

you will need to go into windows and make the following registry changes first, before setting the BIOS to RAID mode, if you installed windows in AHCI or IDE mode.

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0
Code:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Msahci\Start
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Pciide\Start
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\iaStorV\Start

Then installl the raid drivers if you havent already.

This totally fixed my problem.

you will need to go into windows and make the following registry changes first, before setting the BIOS to RAID mode, if you installed windows in AHCI or IDE mode.

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0
Code:

Change all of those registry values to zero or just the one you want to start with?

Last edited:
The only one I had to change was the iastor one (the 3rd one). The other 2 were already set to '0'.

Code:

OK- stupid ? (and not for the P8P67, but in general) My other RAIDS were setup during the Win installation- How do I install the raid drivers at this point above? I thought that had to be done during the Windows installation when it calls for the disk? I've run the MOBO disk for the MSI board and its not installing the RAID drivers that WIN XP needs for me to switch over to RAID on the one machine.....

Last edited:
The $29 fix is to buy a PCIe SATA card.

Install the SATA card. Boot. Install SATA card drivers. Turn computer off.

Connect hard drive to the SATA card. Change the BIOS setting to RAID. Boot. Install RAID drivers. Turn computer off.

Connect hard drive to motherboard. Boot.

All works well. (You can remove the SATA card is you wish.)

Stupid ?- But how do the raid drivers get installed? From the MOBO disk when it see and calls for new hardware and its drivers and it will go find what it needs from the MOBO disk?

Last edited:
the RAID drivers that WIN XP needs
There's the stickler you didn't mention.

You'll probably hafta find the drivers for XP and use F6 to install them?

I was not able to see how to install the Raid drivers during a windows XP repair and recovery. I get to the c:win\ and don't see an option that will be feasible....

I was able to put in a SATA PCI card, install its drivers, switch my drives over to it, remove the old SATA driver from the devices, remove the SATA PCI card, put the drives back on the MOBO and then it calls for installing new drivers and I could do this off the MOBO disk.

Back