Using many different SSD's for work

Ratzes

n00b
Hi, new to the forum,

I've been carrying multiple ssd's back and forth from home to work, I have drives for different versions of ubuntu and windows 10 (for gaming). My problem is that I'm constantly trading them out multiple times a day and my current least worst solution is to drape the sata cables and power out of the back of my case through a pci bay opening and plug and unplug from there. Does anybody else frequently change drives and have a better solution to this?

I've looked up external drive docks, but they're all USB and I can't afford to work through driver compatibility issues. Are there perhaps any docks that are sata to sata? I can't find anything on a search.

Thanks for the help!

What you need is a hot swap bay of some sort, preferably of the tool-less/tray-less variety.

You can get ones that fit in a spare 3.5" or 5.25" drive bay or the kind that fit in a PCI slot.

Icydock 5.25" to 6x or 8x 2.5" hot swap bay.... You just need enough SATA ports on the computer you put it in.

You could also use an eSata dock if you really want and your computer has an eSata port.

Why are you constantly carrying them back and forth in the first place?

I have a dock in my home pc, forget the name, I'll get it tonight, works great

Back