• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Using Karaoke Mic in computer?

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
12,439
Hey guys, my uncle has a lot of wired mics that he used to use for karaoke, but now people use nothing but wireless :)

Anyways, there's plenty of them just laying there, do you guys think one of these would work for me for using in BF2 or CS:S????

I know I wold have to pay 3-4 bucks for a 1/2--> 1/8 adaptor, but I need to get this confirmed before I go and ask him for one, and buy the adaptor. Thanks.

BTW, would these be better than a regular computer mic? will there be any problems? it will pick up more noise and such right?

remember it's free! :D

thanks guys.
 
I have a Shure Beta58 and an SM68 so when I looked around I came upon this:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt....+pc+mic+adapter&rnum=8&hl=en#56567647469dc58f

And pending on how much I want to spend, I may end up with this:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackUSB-main.html

Though I havent yet tried just using an impedance line adapter:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=330710

But another thing though when just trying out a plug adapter, I also needed a mic stand. So I bought one used for micing amps/drums, then there's the room this setup takes up and all the cords to deal with.
 
Back
Top