Using Fortnite Cheats Gets You Cornholed

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I was going to go with the trusty Shocker image, but the Fornite llama just screamed "I got cornholed!" Just like all the folks getting infected with malware by downloading and using aimbot and V-Bucks cheats. If you are one of the folks that download this trash, it makes me all warm and fuzzy, right down to my bunny slippers, that your box is now hopelessly compromised. Better go change that banking password.

Epic could do a better job at educating their users on these malicious programs and helping them understand how airtight Fortnites[sic] systems are at preventing cheating. I’d also recommend they spend more time moderating YouTube to help take down these videos to avert a countless number of people from pwning themselves. Sometimes the allure of cheating is powerful, and a strong presence is needed to help push people in the right direction.

Na, Epic does not need to be worry about these cheaters. Let their systems boil in their own idiocy.

What annoys me is that Epic Games allows users to sign up for an Fortnite account with any email address and then allows them to play the game without performing a email verification check. How do I know? I received a password reset email on one of my test email accounts on Gmail, and I know I didn't sign up for the account. The person listed was a "Bodhi Parks". I changed the password, changed the account name, and had Epic Games remove the account.

Also, Epic Games uses SMS for 2FA.

You have to wonder what habitual online cheaters do in the real world.....is it just for the fantasy of being an online God or is it their way of getting back at the world for being an otherwise loser....never kinda got the answer there, can't get inside that guy or girls head. Trainers for your SP game? Why not. Extend its life. But Online? Pure Douche.

I find it funny how the author of the article thinks its Epic's job to educate someone on malware and other malicious software installs. They actually have zero responsibility on someone who is trying to hack their software. They just need to protect their own IP if someone wants to download illegal software that's on the individual.

if i were going to make a cheat program just include a miner add-on.

stealing banking details is a federal crime,

computer fraud and abuse and all that.

I find it funny how the author of the article thinks its Epic's job to educate someone on malware and other malicious software installs. They actually have zero responsibility on someone who is trying to hack their software. They just need to protect their own IP if someone wants to download illegal software that's on the individual.

Legal responsibility no. Ethical responsibility, yes. Most likely, the majority of players are not IT folk and have zero to minimal knowledge of the dangers random 'It Helps, Honest!' software can bring. Doesn't need to be a full cyber security presentation. A simple 'Cheating has Risks Beyond getting Banned' with this bit of malware as one example would be enough. If the Philosophy majors ignore and get their PC infected, they can have a nice debate with themselves while paying someone to do a scrape and reinstall and clean up their credit history.

Who is stupid enough to do their banking (or other sensitive business) on the same machine they do this kind of crap on?
I was at the bank the other day and the teller started chatting me up on putting its app on my phone. I looked at her, and asked if I really looked that stupid. She did not say anything. Not sure who came out on top of that discussion.

Fuck em. I don't see why Epic should have to help with this
Someone gets compromised and loses money or something. Good
cheating twatballs

Legal responsibility no. Ethical responsibility, yes. Most likely, the majority of players are not IT folk and have zero to minimal knowledge of the dangers random 'It Helps, Honest!' software can bring. Doesn't need to be a full cyber security presentation. A simple 'Cheating has Risks Beyond getting Banned' with this bit of malware as one example would be enough. If the Philosophy majors ignore and get their PC infected, they can have a nice debate with themselves while paying someone to do a scrape and reinstall and clean up their credit history.

Ethically, the players have a responsibility to not fucking cheat in online multiplayer games. EPIC gives you all the tools you need to play their game - if you go installing mystery EXEs onto your PC to cheat (at the expense of the fun of everyone else) or game the system in some other way then you are completely outside the scope of EPIC's responsibility.

What exactly is the point of playing a game with aimbot anyway? You’re not even playing at that point, you’re just clicking a mouse.

Ethically, no, they don’t have to say anything. Third party hack software has nothing to do with Epic, and it’s not their responsibility to go telling users that cheating in their game with third party software written by random people on the internet might come with malware. If you’re going to do sketchy things, you’re going to expose yourself to risk. This is common knowledge.

What exactly is the point of playing a game with aimbot anyway? You’re not even playing at that point, you’re just clicking a mouse.

These dick wads don't care about enjoying the game, or the challenge it presents. They generally care about one of two things:

1.) They get a kick out of pissing other players off; or

2.) The fact that they can win without being the best player makes them feel smug, as if they have outsmarted their opponents somehow.

It would be really funny if one of these fake cheats, instead just wiped their bios and rendered they computer unbootable.

Last edited:
Hell, there's auto fire cheats too. Like Zarathustra said... they do it for the purpose of pissing people off(they know people get mad), or the weak feeling of "accomplishment" from winning over and over. It's actually kind of funny when you get to certain parts of the world, it becomes a culturally acceptable thing to do. Leaving names of regions aside, in some areas it's treated as "well, if I can pay for cheats, and I have money to afford them, odds are someone else is going to have them so I should as well", and even that gets as far as people feeling entitled to the existence of cheats, and even further there are services that exist where you hand over your account and people will cheat for you so you can have uber stats without actually playing the game because the cheaters do it while you're at work(like when WoW gold farmers moved onto power leveling, getting gear, grinding arena points, etc. for a fee).

These dick wads don't care about enjoying the game, or the challenge it presents. They generally care about one of two things:

2.) The fact that they an win without being the best player makes them feel smug, as if they have outsmarted their opponents somehow.

It would be really funny if one of these fake cheats, instead just wiped their bios and rendered they computer unbootable.

True that, sir!

Playing Cornhole is more exciting than this game.

I only saw it for the first time the other day. I'm actually surprised it is more popular than PUBG. It's all cartoonish, and silly, and combines minecraft like game elements...

I also fired up PUBG for the first time in like 9 months last night, and if I am not mistaken, it also looks worse. As if they sabotaged the game or something. All my stats from last summer were also gone. I'm guessing they did some major update, dumbed down the graphics to appease those playing on intel graphics, and wiped the stats in the process.

I only saw it for the first time the other day. I'm actually surprised it is more popular than PUBG. It's all cartoonish, and silly, and combines minecraft like game elements...

Style-wise I'd say it follows in the footsteps of TF2, which many people loved and a few seemed to hate. I guess you could call the resource gathering and wall building "minecraft like" but the two games play nothing alike.

Who is stupid enough to do their banking (or other sensitive business) on the same machine they do this kind of crap on?
I never thought I should have a separate gaming pc and a banking pc in my house.

2.) The fact that they can win without being the best player makes them feel smug, as if they have outsmarted their opponents somehow.

I wish it wiped their brain instead so they can start anew.

Seen the news, bbc propoganda yesterday.

Some game, robots or roblox, think its the latter, cant recall, but they started freaking out because people were raping her 7 year old daughters character.

Huh ?

Had to see this for myself, as usual, over exaggerated to the nth degree.

Here we go

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44697788

And i quote.

Ms Petersen said in her post that she felt "traumatised and violated on so many levels" following the experience.

It didnt happen to her yet she was traumatised on so many levels ?

Fucking snowflakes, her kid probably forgot wtf it was 5 seconds later and probably did not give two shits about it until mummy made a big stupid fuss.

Roblox responded.

Roblox said it was "outraged" that a "bad actor" had violated its community policies and rules of conduct.

Bad actor lol, Like fuck you are outraged, you lot are probably pissing yourself laughing like everyone else.

Its shit like that, that gives rape a bad name.

I've been doing all of my banking via mobile for years and I have never once had any kind of issue with my money. I swear, some of you here go so far beyond tin foil hats that you think there would be a national shortage on the stuff.

"Oh look, yet another technological innovation geared towards convenience. It wants to pwn me! Get off of my lawn, silicon satan!"
Glad it is working out for you. Just that I would rather not have that information on my phone.

What annoys me is that Epic Games allows users to sign up for an Fortnite account with any email address and then allows them to play the game without performing a email verification check. How do I know? I received a password reset email on one of my test email accounts on Gmail, and I know I didn't sign up for the account. The person listed was a "Bodhi Parks". I changed the password, changed the account name, and had Epic Games remove the account.

Also, Epic Games uses SMS for 2FA.

Watch the account, wait until they start getting some unlocks or money spent..then take it from them.

Back