I want to build mini-itx computer for playing skyrim and BF3.. my case will be silverstone sg08. The motherboard that I think is reliable is intel Q67 chipset.. this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121513
Now it comes to the cpu..I know this board has design of TDP of 65w..someone did look into it and used 95w cpu. It seems like if the case is well ventilated, it should work for the most part but the cpu might throttle down if overheating. I cant make up my mind on CPU thou..I can get i5-2500k (95w) for $199 or i5-2500 (95w) for $209 or just go with i5-2405s (65w) for $219...
Seems like 2500k is the best bang for the buck..I know I cant OC on Q67 board..but it's 10 dollars cheaper.. any suggestion on this before I pull my trigger? I like 2405s but is it enough for gaming? I dont know if they gonna come out a decent mini-itx board for 1155...but asrock has terrible reviews.. I dont want to bet on it.. Thanks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121513
Now it comes to the cpu..I know this board has design of TDP of 65w..someone did look into it and used 95w cpu. It seems like if the case is well ventilated, it should work for the most part but the cpu might throttle down if overheating. I cant make up my mind on CPU thou..I can get i5-2500k (95w) for $199 or i5-2500 (95w) for $209 or just go with i5-2405s (65w) for $219...
Seems like 2500k is the best bang for the buck..I know I cant OC on Q67 board..but it's 10 dollars cheaper.. any suggestion on this before I pull my trigger? I like 2405s but is it enough for gaming? I dont know if they gonna come out a decent mini-itx board for 1155...but asrock has terrible reviews.. I dont want to bet on it.. Thanks