Userint Fails to Run after Win7 added to Domain

DeChache

Supreme [H]ardness
The title is goofy but I wanted your attention.

I have a computer that I am trying to run Windows7 Enterprise on. But every time I add it to the domain. I can log in fine with AD credentials and the local admin account works fine.

But the first time my user trys to login the system is bricked. Registry errors and Userint failing to run. This results in a baby blue screen with just a cursor. CTL-ALT-DEL brings up the option screen as expected but the only function that works is shutdown. After this no users can log on to the system all that I get is a black screen with a cursor.

Safe Mode works fine and I can login as the local admin so I am reading logins and something is going way wrong when my user trys to log in and I don't have a CLUE what it is.

Has anybody here seen anything like this.

This post is more of a brain dump ask any question that you feel is relevant.

This is a clean install? Could the copy that you have be corrupted?

Has google shown anything, that is one thing you can count on with Microsoft, if there is an error, chances are others have ran into it.

standard DVD built PC or a custom built, sysprepped image?
Was anything done to 'customize' the default user profile?

This is a clean install? Could the copy that you have be corrupted?

Has google shown anything, that is one thing you can count on with Microsoft, if there is an error, chances are others have ran into it.

Google shows people with the same problem I'm having but theres are usaualy slightly different. From everything I've read on Google I should be able to start task manager and run explorer but the only function I can get to work is shutdown.

whats event log saying? post more technical details.

The computer is a Dell Precision 390 C2D E6600 4 gig of ECC ram Nvidia quattro NVS 285 with 2 500 gig Hitachi in raid 1 on the on board controller.

Logs show USERINT failing to run and that registry keys that belong to the user are not being released. Which I can't under stand since it is their first log in. I can post specific errors later today.

standard DVD built PC or a custom built, sysprepped image?
Was anything done to 'customize' the default user profile?

Standard DVD I have tried a couple different Disk also. As far as I can tell there is nothing special about his profile

Did this system use to work and just started failing all of a sudden, or did this just happen after a clean install?

System ran stable for years with XP but it is now getting re purposed.

So if you made a new local user, then tried to log in with that user BEFORE adding it to the domain, there isnt a problem?
What if afteradding it to the domain (and with no domain account logged into it yet) you add a users domain account to the local admin group, then log in with that account, problem still happen?

So if you made a new local user, then tried to log in with that user BEFORE adding it to the domain, there isnt a problem?
What if afteradding it to the domain (and with no domain account logged into it yet) you add a users domain account to the local admin group, then log in with that account, problem still happen?

Correct on all accounts.

Even with user as admin the computer bricks. I'm starting to wonder if the AD guys are not telling me the whole truth

Strange indeed. Do you happen to know if they're running AD from Server 2003 or Server 2008?

Shane

Is the computer ending up in the 'Computers' ou in AD or some other OU?
Its sounding like some GPO or restriction is in place where this PC ends up being located in AD.

Is the computer ending up in the 'Computers' ou in AD or some other OU?
Its sounding like some GPO or restriction is in place where this PC ends up being located in AD.

Nope its in the correct OU. Everything is ok there.

post the application and systemlog in evtx format. though your computer, domain, and user name will be listed if that is a problem for you. Also, what about a second standard user? does the same thing happen?

Back