user ymic was banned

shamgar

Limp Gawd
i wasnt sure who to contact directly about this so i figured i would just post here

so i was talking with

ymic

and then i bought a 1080ti from him. i know the forums have been extra careful since there was a breech of some security a while back where people were selling stuff asking for bitcoin and it was a hacked account.

he just emailed me and told me he was banned on H

i didnt know where else to post this since i cant reply to his fs thread (its marked closed)- but i paid this user for the 1080ti that he had listed fs. but he did contact me via email and then he is still going to ship me the card - he said he doesnt know why he was banned and i obviously dont want to get ripped off but if he was hacked or anything then he really wouldnt have any reason to contact me right now, plus i paid with G&S anyway.

but he said he cant even log on to find out why he was banned. anyway i just wanted to see why he was banned and to make sure that myself and nobody else was scammed, and if this is an error then i figure i would at least bring it to the attention of people in the fs forum and maybe figure this out because he said he cant even log on to find out what happened.

sorry if this isnt where to post this but just in case this was a scam or something i figured post it here

thanks everyone for responding i got an update and a mod responded and said the user wasnt banned for scamming or anything so thats good as to what happened i have no idea, ymic emailed me and he said he contacted kyle and hes waiting for a response - hopefully whatever happened gets resolved

thanks everyone for responding i got an update and a mod responded and said the user wasnt banned for scamming or anything so thats good as to what happened i have no idea, ymic emailed me and he said he contacted kyle and hes waiting for a response - hopefully whatever happened gets resolved
Either way if it was for other reasons, then it’s not the business if you or the other forum users. I’d focus on. Your involvement which is the card you purchased.

The banned user could still have contacted Kyle without being a member here. I generally try to avoid being between any issue a member may have with the mods/admin. I just focus on my interest in the involvement. Just food for thought.

I've gotten 3 day temporary bans for "rule breaking" while I was in the middle of transacting business, and had to e-mail the other party to complete the transaction (usually get them tracking info). What you're describing wouldn't bother me, but then again, this was before the leaked User/PWs were going around.

Either way if it was for other reasons, then it’s not the business if you or the other forum users. I’d focus on. Your involvement which is the card you purchased.

The banned user could still have contacted Kyle without being a member here. I generally try to avoid being between any issue a member may have with the mods/admin. I just focus on my interest in the involvement. Just food for thought.
yeah i agree - my main thing was to make sure his account wasnt compromised and nobody was getting scammed. as far as figuring out what happened - i'm not a moderator so thats out of my league. so mods if you want me to delete this thread let me know

I've gotten 3 day temporary bans for "rule breaking" while I was in the middle of transacting business, and had to e-mail the other party to complete the transaction (usually get them tracking info). What you're describing wouldn't bother me, but then again, this was before the leaked User/PWs were going around.
yeah i was a victim of one of those people that had their accounts hacked here and at anandtech and i tried to buy stuff and got ripped off so that sucked so i want to make sure that didnt happen again here with this person

yeah i was a victim of one of those people that had their accounts hacked here and at anandtech and i tried to buy stuff and got ripped off so that sucked so i want to make sure that didnt happen again here with this person
Makes sense.

Back