User experiences with eyefinity.

Thanks. Looks like the oc'ed i7 doesn't help that much.

When i7 was released it wasn't really known for showing huge gains in games...of course it does plow through games but it's an absolute workhorse for Windows/productivity apps. I upgraded from a Q6600 to the i7 and was a happy camper; I know you'd notice a significant boost by going from a dual core @ 3.2 to an i7, especially if you overclocked it. Your general computing experience and games will be faster than they are now -- all I'm saying is don't let those benches put you off from upgrading to a beast of a CPU.

bezels bezels bezels! That is all I hear from people when they see eyefinity pictures.

LOOK IF YOU ARE ONLY RUNNING ONE MONITOR YOU STILL HAVE BEZELS PEOPLE AND ON THE OTHER SIDE OF YOUR BEZELS IS NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH!!!

Exactly; that's why when you are running one monitor, bezels are absolutely unnoticeable...because they are there to contain the entire image, not to to divide or split an image that's meant to be continuous.

I'm still weighing the pros and cons of EF and I know most people say you don't notice the bezels when playing, but it's pointless to mention that single monitor setups have bezels because they are not, and have never been, a distraction from the space that surrounds them. :)

I honestly don't notice the bezels but the extra peripheral view help a lot especially with a game like dirt 2. It really is like driving, when I'm driving I'm focused at the middle monitor and do not notice the bezels at all. The side monitors help me gauge distance from other cars (for when passing) and barriers/corners (when taking very sharp turns). Makes it much easier to drift on sharp corners as I can see more out of the "windows". This is the most "real" driving experience I've had in a game.

After having Initial problems with the Dell Active adapter and then getting the Accell active adapter I've had no issues as of yet with the new adapter.
I don't think I can ever Go back to just one monitor. The bezels are a non Issue for me. Your only viewing the side screens in your prehiprial vision. I don't even notice them. I have near 6 feet of viewing surface. It's Great I'm Lovin it

Picture and Lame camera Video

Sapphire fixed the DP issue, so now all your monitors can be dvi, much better.

Anyone try EF on 20" monitors? I already have 2 20"ers for normal use and I'm considering getting an EF setup at some point for gaming and I don't really have the budget to purchase 3 all new monitors. With all the posts about 22"+ size monitors in EF I'm wondering if it's really worth it to get another 20" monitor for EF or if the screen real estate wouldn't be sufficient to justify the costs.

Anyone try EF on 20" monitors? I already have 2 20"ers for normal use and I'm considering getting an EF setup at some point for gaming and I don't really have the budget to purchase 3 all new monitors. With all the posts about 22"+ size monitors in EF I'm wondering if it's really worth it to get another 20" monitor for EF or if the screen real estate wouldn't be sufficient to justify the costs.

Why not? You already have two 20" so a third in Eyefinity will only enhance what you have now. If you had to start from scratch, I'd say get some really cheap 24" or maybe even 25.5"ers from Asus. Since you're already plugging away with two 20", a third couldn't hurt. I love my Eyefinity setup on three 23" Samsung 2343BWX.

Someone on the very first page did exactly that.

Back