Use Xbox console on monitors VGA input?

Mermalion

Limp Gawd
I have an ASUS VH236H and it has HDMI, DVI, and VGA inputs. I would like to use my original Xbox console on it to play a couple old school games every now and again. I was wondering if this would work for what I want to do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VGA-SVGA-S-VIDE...E-ADAPTER-/180496264356?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Obviously it won't output sound through the monitor with VGA but I could hook the audio to my stereo and that would work perfect. It's the video that I'm worried about. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That link wont work... component signals need to be converted before they can be used for VGA/DVI.

Just get the actual xbox 360 vga cable. I noticed that colors seem a bit... muddy, by using this cable, but its not too bad overall.

I need this for an ORIGINAL Xbox... not a 360. Do they make VGA cable for the original xbox?

That link wont work... component signals need to be converted before they can be used for VGA/DVI.

Just get the actual xbox 360 vga cable. I noticed that colors seem a bit... muddy, by using this cable, but its not too bad overall.
The official MS one comes with a RCA-->3.5 adaptor, and has really sharp quality (compared to the generic cable I have used).
I need this for an ORIGINAL Xbox... not a 360. Do they make VGA cable for the original xbox?

I don't think there was an official one for the original xbox, after a short search around the internet. I don't think the cable you found will work, due to the specific wording about video output capability.

No.
That guy was thinking that you had an XBOX360.

With my xbox, I used the component video cable (YpRB) connected it to a Component to VGA converter similar to this one to keep the maximum resolution: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10530

The one I bought isn't sold anymore, and was mucho $$$ since component video to vga converters were quite rare back then.

It'll be hard to find a component out cable for the ORIGINAL XBOX... couldn't find one on my cursory ebay search.

No.
That guy was thinking that you had an XBOX360.

With my xbox, I used the component video cable (YpRB) connected it to a Component to VGA converter similar to this one to keep the maximum resolution: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10530

The one I bought isn't sold anymore, and was mucho $$$ since component video to vga converters were quite rare back then.

It'll be hard to find a component out cable for the ORIGINAL XBOX... couldn't find one on my cursory ebay search.

This looks nice... It's small and would do the job. The problem is finding component cables like you said. Thank you for your help everyone. It's very much appreciated.

The main thing I want my Xbox for is Phantasy Star Online Ver. 1 & 2. It's an awesome game. I wish they made it compatible with the 360. It would make my life much easier

Back