USB latency

AuxNuke

Gawd
Hello all and thank you ahead of time for your replies.

Has anyone ever had any experience with a "delay" across a USB hub? For example, say I wanted to plug a wired mouse into the built in USB hub in my Dell 2405FPW monitor. Would there be any noticable delay in transmission going through the hub? Logically, it seems there would be some but im wondering if its enough to translate into something noticable when gaming. I know the best way to answer this question is to just try it... I'm just wondering if anyone has any technical data to give a hypothesis. Thanks!

~Aux

No added latency that I know of.

I put my mouse in it's own USB port and don't use the other port on that controller so avoid any type of sharing bandwidth issues. It may be kind of tinfoil hat-ish paranoia, but thats what I do.

That's what is holding me back... my natural "paranoia" of losing some speed at the cost of convenience, haha. Its the same reason I run windows at the "best performance" settings. Every little bit helps, right? :p

Input from your mouse is extremely slow compared to the bandwidth of USB, that you need not worry about any latencies.

Back