[US] Where to find waterblock seals?????

stinger608

Supreme [H]ardness
Okay, building an old nostalgic liquid cooling system using a pair of BFG's 8800 GTX water cooled cards.

One of the blocks are leaking due to a bad seal. They are not regular o'rings otherwise, I could find them locally.

These were a Danger Den water block. Of course, Danger Den is no longer in business so I'm not sure where in the heck to find these seals!

These are the cards for reference:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143079

Been doing some research and am not finding anything!

Anyone know where a person could possibly find the seals? They are almost like a square o'ring but there are some specialized designs to the seals.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

You might be able to find something on one of the sites that sells watercooling gear. A few weeks ago when looking for a new ring for my CPU block I found a list of hundreds of them by size on one of the sites. I thought it was either FrozenCpu.com or Performance-Pcs.com; but I can't find it now (that could just be an artifact of both sites layouts being messes and their searches being train wrecks though). Hopefully the company that made the block is still in business so you can get the size numbers. Ring thickness isn't that hard to measure; but the second size number is the diameter (if the ring was a circle); getting that to the nearest mm out of a dried out wreck from a 10 year old block is probably a lost cause.

Thanks DanNeely !

The blocks are Danger Den so they are also out of business. :(

And, the rings are pretty much a square ring for the large part of the cooler. The top part where the inlets/outlets are is kind of a flat rubber ring. It's going to be tough to even find anything that would match. Hard to say who actually made the rings for DD. They are all pre-formed and the large body ring actually has the outer part and then a part that runs around a perimeter internally.

I may just end up having to make my own seal of some sort out of Permitex Ultra Blue or Black. Going to suck no matter how I do it. o_O

I can't say anything definitively without a picture (and maybe not even then), but a lot of the time an old flattened and weird shaped rubber seal started out as a normal round oring before losing its suppleness due to drying up and ending up reshaped by and looking like a custom made item for whatever it was a part of.

Okay, building an old nostalgic liquid cooling system using a pair of BFG's 8800 GTX water cooled cards.

One of the blocks are leaking due to a bad seal. They are not regular o'rings otherwise, I could find them locally.

These were a Danger Den water block. Of course, Danger Den is no longer in business so I'm not sure where in the heck to find these seals!

These are the cards for reference:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143079

Been doing some research and am not finding anything!

Anyone know where a person could possibly find the seals? They are almost like a square o'ring but there are some specialized designs to the seals.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Check here. Measure o-ring and then find an equivalent. Worst case, they can even make you one. Also, post a pic of the actual seal if you can.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=15xzozh

but a lot of the time an old flattened and weird shaped rubber seal started out as a normal round oring before losing its suppleness

Oh I realize that. I worked in hydraulics for years. This is a square type seal.

You will get the best luck from actually emailing Performance-pcs.
Obviously DangerDen is out of business, but Performance has a giant inventory.

Sidewindercomputers.com (if they are still around) might be a good source.

Lastly.... I had a DD 8800 GTX water block. I still might have it.....I'll look in my parts box. If I have the block, it's yours if you want it.

You will get the best luck from actually emailing Performance-pcs.
Obviously DangerDen is out of business, but Performance has a giant inventory.

Sidewindercomputers.com (if they are still around) might be a good source.

Lastly.... I had a DD 8800 GTX water block. I still might have it.....I'll look in my parts box. If I have the block, it's yours if you want it.

Great advice on emailing both of them! I'll do that for sure.

Wow, yea, if you still have that puppy, I for sure take it off your hands. :p

Thanks a ton for the response bro!

Great advice on emailing both of them! I'll do that for sure.

Wow, yea, if you still have that puppy, I for sure take it off your hands. :p

Thanks a ton for the response bro!

I'm still looking.
I hope to have an answer for you tomorrow.
We moved this summer and I still have a ton of stuff in boxes so it's tedious.

It's not as skookum a solution as getting a real replacement o-ring, obviously, but you could probably fix this with a little bit of blue RTV.

It's not as skookum a solution as getting a real replacement o-ring, obviously, but you could probably fix this with a little bit of blue RTV.

Yep, I have some of the Permetex Ultra Blue. I'll probably be giving that a shot.

Hey stinger I found that 8800 GTX block.
Sent you a PM.
It looks to be in near new condition.

Back