• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrading to 5850...Will this PSU do it?

Based on your specs, that PSU is way overkill.

Even with dual 5850's. But yeah, that PSU will do. As long as it lasts, you'll be fine.
 
Thanks for the reply.

I was just making sure as I've made a similar thread about the same thing with a Cooler Master 650W PSU, and everyone told me it won't be an upgrade from my current AcBel iCrap 660...They both stop working at 300W. That's what I've been told.

Thanks a lot anyway, really appreciate it :)
 
Isn't 450W enough to run the specs I mentioned above though? I think it is...

I have an another option too: The Antec TP-750...Is it any good\better than the Cooler Master one?
It would not be within the optimal temperature, longevity, and noise range for a PSU.

The TP-750 is of far better quality than the Coolermaster. It's an actual 750W PSU.
 
Back
Top