Relativist
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Nov 1, 2008
- Messages
- 473
So after holding out for Haswell, I've decided to stop waiting - primarily because of my desire to game in surround, and secondarily the abundance of sale prices. Build is as follows:
i7-3820 - Microcenter $199
EVGA X79 SLI - Newegg $129.99 - $30 MIR ($99.99)
H100 - TigerDirect $99 - $10 MIR ($89.99)
Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Gunmetal - Microcenter $114.99
Ram is TBD, any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm considering a higher speed (2133 or more) 16GB quad channel kit since I will be overclocking. Other than that I'm going to use my current GPU, SSD, Optical drive & power supply.
When IB-E comes out I'll be upgrading the CPU and the ram to 32 GB. (the 'old' cpu and ram will be used for another build at that time)
I'm hoping that I'll be able to just uninstall the motherboard drivers in Windows 7...
i7-3820 - Microcenter $199
EVGA X79 SLI - Newegg $129.99 - $30 MIR ($99.99)
H100 - TigerDirect $99 - $10 MIR ($89.99)
Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Gunmetal - Microcenter $114.99
Ram is TBD, any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm considering a higher speed (2133 or more) 16GB quad channel kit since I will be overclocking. Other than that I'm going to use my current GPU, SSD, Optical drive & power supply.
When IB-E comes out I'll be upgrading the CPU and the ram to 32 GB. (the 'old' cpu and ram will be used for another build at that time)
I'm hoping that I'll be able to just uninstall the motherboard drivers in Windows 7...
Last edited: