• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgraded to Snow Leopard = broken wireless

moku

n00b
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
43
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me. I recently upgrade to Snow Leopard and I find my wireless internet cuts in and out very frequently and sometimes it wont connect at all. So what I would have to do is either restart the computer or turn off the wireless network card then turn it on after a minute or so.

This happen at home, but more frequently at school now when I try to connect to the schools internet on my campus.

any suggestions on what i can do?

thanks in advance.
 
I have not had this issue but here are a few things you might try. First open up disk utility and repair permissions on your system disk. Next, in system preferences, go to network. Select your airport and click advanced. Now, delete all your preferred networks and reconnect to them. Last, try resetting the PRAM. When booting, hold down <command> <option> <P> <R> and keep holding it till you hear the startup sound 3 times. If that doesn't work I'd say take it to the genius bar. They should be able to run some diagnostics on it to determine if the problem is hardware or software related.



**edited key combo.... thanks bloo
 
Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me. I recently upgrade to Snow Leopard and I find my wireless internet cuts in and out very frequently and sometimes it wont connect at all. So what I would have to do is either restart the computer or turn off the wireless network card then turn it on after a minute or so.

This happen at home, but more frequently at school now when I try to connect to the schools internet on my campus.

any suggestions on what i can do?

thanks in advance.

Do you have a hackingtosh, or an actual apple?

And does the issue have anything to do with Wireless-N networks? (Airport extreme? I'm not to sure on the Apple name for it).
 
i'm running a clean install of SL using the airport extreme base station with no issues.

the problem is most likely your previous network settings conflicting. try what audiochris said and delete and readd
 
I had the same issue, I just deleted and readded and that seemed to work, I would try resetting the PRAM first though.
 
Back
Top