Upgraded to a GTX 660 awhile ago, now want to upgrade processor

Resilient

n00b
As per the title, I got a GTX 660 now am looking to make the processor match.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming with a little bit of video editing, but that is secondary.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I would like to keep it around $300. I have Amazon prime. I am more intresting in finding out what a matching processor would be and hunting for a good deal on that.

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Salem, OR. The drive to Frys in Willsonville is possible (though not tonight for that hot deal they have on the i5 :( )

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Motherboard, CPU, RAM

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W power supply.
NZXT Tempest ATX tower
EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB video card
misc non-solid state hard drives that are around (getting a solid state drive will be next)

6) Will you be overclocking?
No plans to

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
1920x1080 25"

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
In the next couple days if I can find a good deal on cyber Monday or this weekend.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
Not particular here.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 pro 64 bit

$312 - Intel Core i5 3450 + MSI Z77A-GD55 + G.Skill Ripjaws Series F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM Combo

Add the combo to the cart and that G.Skill 8GB RAM will show up.

Could I get another suggestion for a setup? I waited for cyber Monday to see if there were and better deals but missed the 1 or 2 that did show up. I went to order this and the MSI Z77A-GD55 is discontinued at Newegg. I will be ordering today if there is another good option.

Damn. You really should have bought the setup I recommended above that day since it was a really fantastic deal.

Since you have Amazon Prime, go for this setup:
$185 - Intel Core i5-3470 CPU
$110 - MSI Z77A-G43 Intel Z77 ATX Motherboard
$34 - Corsair CMV8GX3M2A1333C9 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
---
Total: $329 shipped

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep, I was sad to see it was sold out on monday.

Got your new recommendations. Thanks!

Back