Upgraded to 2 Gigs of OCZ 3200 2/3/2/5 Just for BF2!

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Ya i was looking to have a reason to buy 2 Gigs for awhile, well i replaced my 1 Gig of Corsair and after putting these guys in i will never go back. Any hitching or long loads have dissapeared as well as the random crashes and hangs. Furthermore i can actually play at 1600X1200 with 4Xaa and 8XAnis with no problems, even at at higher resolutions with 2XAA there isnt a problem. I cant believe a game seems more Memory Dependant then anything, By the way these OCZ 3200 Matched 2 Gig sticks run up to 216FSB 1:1 with 2/3/2/5 timings without a problem, havnt done much messing around with them after that point yet. OFF to play more BF 2!

Marcdaddy said:
Ya i was looking to have a reason to buy 2 Gigs for awhile, well i replaced my 1 Gig of Corsair and after putting these guys in i will never go back. Any hitching or long loads have dissapeared as well as the random crashes and hangs. Furthermore i can actually play at 1600X1200 with 4Xaa and 8XAnis with no problems, even at at higher resolutions with 2XAA there isnt a problem. I cant believe a game seems more Memory Dependant then anything, By the way these OCZ 3200 Matched 2 Gig sticks run up to 216FSB 1:1 with 2/3/2/5 timings without a problem, havnt done much messing around with them after that point yet. OFF to play more BF 2!

i did the same thing and it helps..... i also got a new sound card to make it easier on the CPU so it does not also do the sound.

nice to hear...i plan on getting either another 2 x 512MB PC3200 sticks and have a total of 2 gigs with 4 channels of 512MB or getting a sound card to take off cpu load...cant decide, prob go with ram

Well the ram is just makes it almost a completely different game, should say GO BUY 2 GIGS of Ram on the box LMAO

I think it's a programming issue with EA and hopefully the game doesn't "require" 2GB. But for now BF2 seems like it does. I just upgraded to 2GB Patriot 2-3-2-5 and it doesn't thrash anymore. It was soooo annoying.. in the middle of a firefight.. bam.. screens all messed up.. then I look and see my HD going crazy.. then poof.. I'm dead.

I got the 2 gb 2/3/2/5 Patriot set for my box as well. Definitely smoothed everything out.

KJ43 said:
I got the 2 gb 2/3/2/5 Patriot set for my box as well. Definitely smoothed everything out.

Do you happen to know what chips are on the Patriot 2/3/2/5? I know the 2/2/2/5 has TCCD chips but didn't want to remove my heatspreaders since I don't know if there is some thermal tape under there. I hear that they "could" be TCCD that didn't make the cut.

If I could get the game to run at a higher resolution then 1024x768 on my 16:9 Samsung DLP ram might become a factor. (Yes I have tried all the command line additions, .con file edits, hammer to the tower approach). As it sits now, my 1gb will do just fine for the training wheels, hacked widescreen resolution, that Im at now. :(

Do you happen to know what chips are on the Patriot 2/3/2/5?

No I don't. I just wanted two 1 gig sticks that would run tight timings at stock PC3200 speeds and these fit the bill (1T no problem either on my A8V Dlx). I may shoot for a mild 1:1 oc to 210 or so just for kicks, but my main concern is running BF2 smooth as silk and my box is running tight right now.

I just added one stick of Mushkin Enhanced 1GB PC3200 to twin sticks of Mushkin Enhanced 512 PC 3200- what a difference in this game- play is flawless at 1600x1200 all settings on high. Evidently this game has a memory appetite. It's very nice to be able to get right into a map without stutter.

Game just runs up to a gig with even a handful of mediums. After that, it's page file.

X800Xl or 6800GT class? - Could go either way - 2 gigs would be noticeable
Better than that? You want 1.5 to 2 gigs
Reg. Mid-Range? I imagine 1 gig would be fine.

Thats my experience. Needed it for the GTX. The XL and GT cards you could tell it would help. I have all of these so the only place Im using my imagination, is that what was borderline for the High-mids, should be enough for the Mids.

ALL ASSUMING 100% DRAW DISTANCE. Otherwise stop being a graphics whore, you need to see who is shooting you!

Anyone interested in his clocks he's improved them and posted in memory. 2 gigs helps BF2! There is no placebo effect, and for me it was more about the stuttering than load times, it's not just load times!

Back