• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrade to i5 2500k?

bapestar09

n00b
Joined
Aug 11, 2011
Messages
3
Should I upgrade my AMD athlon x4 640 3ghz cpu to the i5 2500k?

Will I notice any difference? I mainly play SC2 but will be playing BF3, MW3 and Diablo 3 when they come out.
 
Yes you'll notice a difference with SC2 and BF3 as both games are/will be very CPU performance heavy.

With that said, is your current CPU no longer meeting your needs?
 
I'd wait and see how those newer games do on your CPU before upgrading. Unless you're having performance issues with your X4 in SC2, there's really no reason to upgrade before those games are out.
 
I mainly play sc2 but plan to play the newer games so I might upgrade right now if i see a performance increase in sc2.

My gpu is a gtx 460 1gb
 
If I see a performance increase in SC2 on max settings. I would like to upgrade. If there isn't any performance increase I won't bother
 
Again, like I said, you will see a performance increase with the 2500K
 
Back
Top