Upgrade pc under $900

Krushed

n00b
Looking to upgrade my system. its a C2D runnin at 3.4g w/ a 8800gts512(didn't realize how dated my vid card has become.. lol time flies)
Want the most bang for the buck..

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Gaming,streaming watching vids
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? $900 total
3) Which country do you live in? US Ohio
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? Video card and ram if keeping rest of system or vid card, ram, mb, cpu if replacing major parts
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Corsair hx620, HD's, dvd, case, sb xfi (the cpu is a c2d 6850 at 3.4g, Abit ip35pro, 4gig ram(ddr2) and a 8800 gts 512...I have Win7 as well but dont know what part of the pc it is linked to...the mac or what)Keeping kb mouse and case as well..
6) Will you be overclocking? lil bit
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it? 1920x1080 23"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? <2wks unless new stuff is right around the corner???
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? etc. Stable and fast...fast hard drive support would be nice if I upgrade my HD's
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?I own retail win 7 64bit if it transfers with a new pc...??

My PSU should be fine Corsair hx620
I will use my HD's until I can afford better drive

Right now looking at
i7 2600K

P8Z68-V/GEN3 LGA 1155 Z68

XMS 8GB DDR3-1333

Hyper 212

EVGA GeForce GTX 570

Im at $893 with tax and local pickup
Sale ends tomorrow on the MB
I wish it was the I5 and same MB then I could get a better vid card..
$50 off is only with the I7 2600

Is there a better system I could build for $900 or less or is this a good setup..

I can wait a month if things are going to change.(new stuff...cheaper stuff) Trying to play a game in beta and my current cpu is pegged at 100% most of the time :(

Looking to upgrade my system. its a C2D runnin at 3.4g w/ a 8800gts512(didn't realize how dated my vid card has become.. lol time flies)
Want the most bang for the buck..

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Gaming,streaming watching vids
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? $900 total
3) Which country do you live in? US Ohio
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? Video card and ram if keeping rest of system or vid card, ram, mb, cpu if replacing major parts
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Corsair hx620, HD's, dvd, case, sb xfi (the cpu is a c2d 6850 at 3.4g, Abit ip35pro, 4gig ram(ddr2) and a 8800 gts 512...I have Win7 as well but dont know what part of the pc it is linked to...the mac or what)Keeping kb mouse and case as well..
6) Will you be overclocking? lil bit
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it? 1920x1080 23"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? <2wks unless new stuff is right around the corner???
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? etc. Stable and fast...fast hard drive support would be nice if I upgrade my HD's
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?I own retail win 7 64bit if it transfers with a new pc...??

My PSU should be fine Corsair hx620
I will use my HD's until I can afford better drive

Right now looking at
i7 2600K

P8Z68-V/GEN3 LGA 1155 Z68

XMS 8GB DDR3-1333

Hyper 212

EVGA GeForce GTX 570

Im at $893 with tax and local pickup
Sale ends tomorrow on the MB
I wish it was the I5 and same MB then I could get a better vid card..
$50 off is only with the I7 2600

Is there a better system I could build for $900 or less or is this a good setup..

I can wait a month if things are going to change.(new stuff...cheaper stuff) Trying to play a game in beta and my current cpu is pegged at 100% most of the time :(

Not a bad deal if those parts are picked up locally (given that local prices are usually higher than Amazon or Newegg prices). However, you can save another $40 to $50 if your particular MC has the GTX 560 Ti 448-core from eVGA in stock: It performs at about 97 percent of the level of that GTX 570 HD.

Talking about?
EVGA 012-P3-2066-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FTW 1280MB GDDR5

Oh wow tried dropping in the I5 2500k and removed the I7...The motherboard still has the same $50 off...
That saves another 100.... Could almost swing the 7950 from newegg by switching to the I5 and still getting the $50 off the MB.

At my MicroCenter, they dropped the 2500k from the promotion in Feburary, and the magazine says 2600k only, which makes the 2600k only $50 more. You might want to ask before you walk in with a shopping list.

Yup that's the right card.
Oh wow tried dropping in the I5 2500k and removed the I7...The motherboard still has the same $50 off...
That saves another 100.... Could almost swing the 7950 from newegg by switching to the I5 and still getting the $50 off the MB.
As Amzee noted, they've dropped the 2500K from that $50 off deal at certain MC stores. With that said, with the $50 off deal, the 2600K is only $50 more. Not entirely a bad choice at that point.

With the new nvidia cards due out in what April? Should I wait? Im gettin by now but it's not optimal at all for this game. Just need the system ready by mid April

I would feel sick if I woulda waited a couple weeks and got something better for less or equal $$

With the new nvidia cards due out in what April? Should I wait? Im gettin by now but it's not optimal at all for this game. Just need the system ready by mid April

I would feel sick if I woulda waited a couple weeks and got something better for less or equal $$

Not sure when those Nvidia cards are coming out. However the new Intel CPUs are due out in late April. Those will be about 10 to 15% faster than current Intel CPUs.

ughhhh lol
gonna hold off till game is released and cant wait any longer...
I dont like to upgrade often

Something newer and better is always right around the corner.

Something newer and better is always right around the corner.

Yeah this is true but when 2 major items are the mfg next gen stuff and not just an improvement of current offerings..I will take a wait and hope it's all worth the wait.

Technically IB is just an improvement over current offerings. It's being done on a 22nm process, but the architect is the basically the same.

Back